Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Marketing report.
I don't know if the marketing report is complete yet.
If it is, then I think there's a bug with AI marketing.

In my hq city, newspaper marketing I get fantastic rating.
Everywhere else in all categories, I get horrible at best.
This is with newspaper maxed out on all models.

so, either the report isn't finished or the AI is overspending on marketing Smile
(02-14-2014, 10:53 AM)Sarchez Wrote: I don't know if the marketing report is complete yet.
If it is, then I think there's a bug with AI marketing.

In my hq city, newspaper marketing I get fantastic rating.
Everywhere else in all categories, I get horrible at best.
This is with newspaper maxed out on all models.

so, either the report isn't finished or the AI is overspending on marketing Smile
Perhaps i can share some experience in this area.

Ive seen it change and have different levels of effectiveness in different cities.
Ive also seen the marketing have a decent/good effect even when its listed as "horrible skill" (i assume the effect is much better for other types)

I dont think "Horrible" skill level is necessarily a major issue, as it just reflects the poor skills you start off with in the early game.
Perhaps when we start in 1930 or get different variations of starting skills, we wont be so terrible at start Smile
I've made the marketing effects relevant to your peers. As in if you have the best marketing results you'll have the highest rating, if you have the worst, you'll have the worst rating.

This replaces the complete spectrum results system, which were always low due to low starting skills.

Anyhoo marking this as "Testing" hopefully you'll get a greater range of results.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Can confirm this is now showing varying results, so you can mark it as fixed Smile