Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Contracting - Engine price from Other company error
I decided to buy a component (chassis) from another company.
I found a part i wanted, then pressed agree.
I took a screenshot of what i could see. For some reason, the price on the left and the price on the right seem to disagree.
The Price in the View Chassis screen of the new components seems to still be correct.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I noticed this too. However, if you look closer you'll notice that the price under the listing (highlighted in red) is the sum of the amount listed under the "Transaction" section and the cost to manufacture the component.

I believe this is intentional however it is slightly misleading.

Perhaps the models for sale should list both the price you're paying the company you're buying off and the cost to make the part?
(02-08-2014, 11:33 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: I noticed this too. However, if you look closer you'll notice that the price under the listing (highlighted in red) is the sum of the amount listed under the "Transaction" section and the cost to manufacture the component.

I believe this is intentional however it is slightly misleading.

Perhaps the models for sale should list both the price you're paying the company you're buying off and the cost to make the part?
I'm not convinced its intentional, but as youve said, it depends on how he set out the contracting system.

Even if it was intentional, its extremely unclear and strange, which is why i was lead to believe it was a bug in the first place

My assumption on the mechanics when i wrote this:
You pay x for the part in the contracting process. Thereafter, x acts like a production cost for all purposes of vehicle design/production.
The actual production cost in the original company plays no part in it.
Again, ill remind you it was an assumption, so ill see what Eric actually coded it to be.
I believe it's a bug, Looks like it's showing the AI's profit margin on the component.

I'll get to it and other bugs when I'm done with the tutorial stuff...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Fixed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski