Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]Marketing costs too high ?
It looks like the marketing costs in the mega menu doesn't update correctly, when you change them.

My impression is, that it doesn't remove the marketing cost of a specific model, even if you stop selling it - and end production of it.

If you need an example, you have the log and savegame in this post.
Sadly i can confirm this.
I thought it was working, but it clearly isnt, i cant imagine how much money ive lost over time due to it :S

(Note: in the following example, im using a mix of specific and broad base marketing)
Here and Here show the marketing expenses screen and mega menu before changing anything
I used the stop selling button in the mega menu for all of my models
I then passed a turn.

Here and Here show what they look like after a turn has passed

You will notice specifically in the newspapers im showing in NY, im only spending 553 on broad base (maximum), but im spending 2k more on than that on models im no longer selling a turn later.
You can also see how little the marketing expenses have changed overall, despite the fact im no longer selling any vehicles.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Fixed,
Any time you remove a vehicle from distribution it will delete the marketing for that vehicle in that city.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski