Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corp tax
I did a search for this but didn't really find much so I have a few q's about how tax will be implemented.
So, how will Corp tax be implemented? =p

Will it be a percentage taken off the sale price of the vehicle like most traditional taxes or a percentage of the margin like a VAT or a value added on top of the sale price like a GST? Or something else entirely?

Will the tax be calculated based off where the car is sold, where the car is made it where your HQ is?

Assuming it's not a GST style tax, will it be possible to set your prices pre or post tax as a sanity saver?
Corp taxes are based on HQ tax rate. It's already implemented just disabled at this time due to some AI bugs in the system. Not sure when I'll get around to it.

It's a simple system, (profits-cost) * tax rate. Things like lobbying reduces it as well. Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Sweet, that'll make start city a lot more important!!!

On a slightly related note. Will it be possible to move HQ?
Nope
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Fair enough. It would be a bit gamey wouldn't it =)
Unless I throw enough fees into it where it'll cripple your business. But yea, still, no. Tongue

Edit: Goodness, my English is horrible!
On the Corporation taxes:
I remember it being a semi-important decision in the previous build, another of several factors that make me tend to favour London over New York in the FAQ for example. (10-20% less tax at game start i think)
In my opinion, It makes the current build easier, but the increased competition tends to make up for any higher profits in highly competitive cities. So using the previous example, London is probably practically harder than it was before due to massive competition, even though there are no taxes.

That said, im realtively sure, based on my previous games before this build, that i would've bankrupted myself in several games in this build i played if i had to pay taxes.
So in that sense, i miss them Smile