Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Australia in WW1 - Is it supposed to be at peace?
(02-03-2014, 12:50 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Fair enough. However Australia was still linked to the UK and declared bead when they did.

However, this article suggest that Australian automotive industry actually benefited from WW1 as per this quote:
Quote:The development of Australian manufacturing industry received some further impetus from increases in customs duties in 1911 and 1914, and then grew more strongly in the environment of World War I.

That sort of suggest that Australia shouldn't go onto a war footing in the game. Though, more research on the direct effects of the civilian automotive industry in both countries might be needed.

I think you might have to find some more specifics on what they mean that. The reason i say this is when i was looking into Studebaker in Canada, they also said they benefited from WW1. Seeing as they didn't seem to make commercial vehicles that sounds bizzare doesnt it Smile
The reason they said this, was the use of their vehicles and the reputation they gained through them gave them a head start after WW1. They also managed to design some new and innovate engines that they put in their models right after WW1.

They mention a somewhat similar thing in that article you linked, where Australia gained better steel works during the war which gave them better access to various types of metal working.

On the general Minor/Major war in Australia thing, i still maintain that having 40% of the male population from 18-44 working for the military would have a major impact on sales and probably the general workforce too.
I think the one of the Gearcity war mechanics would be more accurate than a peace one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Australia in WW1 - Is it supposed to be at peace? - by Arakash - 02-03-2014, 01:33 AM