Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Only allow Redesign Once
One thing i would like to see, a minor suggestion, is that the game will only allow you to redesign and retool things once per turn.

I would suggest that in most cases where its applicable, you should grey out the option to enter the screen and give a tooltip explaining why. E.g. grey out Redesign and tooltip says "have already done this once this turn".

First some examples, then some reasoning behind the suggestion.

Examples:
On the world map, you click on a city then branch, then click redesign branch.
If you haven't redesigned it the branch this turn, everything appears normal.
If you have redesigned the branch, then the button is greyed out. The cost would be replaced with "You have already retooled/redesigned this branch this month".

You would see a similar situation in the case of retooling.

If you use the Mega menu to do mass retooling:
If you haven't retooled all your branches that month yet, it would only effect the ones that haven't been retooled.
If you had retooled them all, the button would again be greyed out with a message replacing the cost display saying why.

On the World map - City -Factory screen, when you resize a factory.
Either the Resize button or the button in the resize screen should be greyed out.

This is an especially good example as i dont think there is any way to tell the resizing is currently in progress.

This would:
Make it easier to tell where you have already edited/changed
Prevent any accidental or repeated retooling/redesigning
Prevent any potential bugs or unintended exploits from arising when people retool/redesign things multiple times per turn.

Also, correct me if im wrong here, but i don't see any real benefit from being able to redesign/retool things more than once per turn.
Seconded.
This would also be great for when someone distracts you mid turn!
Another place this would work, i just learned today. Ill edit it into the first post as well.
In the factory screen, when you resize the factory, there seems to be no way to tell its actually happening. Until you get the message its finished.

This is another one that could be greyed out if youve already done it.
In this case im not sure if you would want to grey out the resize button, or just grey out the button in the resize screen. Either way it definitely needs to inform you why its greyed out.
(02-02-2014, 09:57 PM)Arakash Wrote: Another place this would work, i just learned today. Ill edit it into the first post as well.
In the factory screen, when you resize the factory, there seems to be no way to tell its actually happening. Until you get the message its finished.

Would be good if it told you how far away it was like the R&D screens do too.
(02-02-2014, 10:00 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 09:57 PM)Arakash Wrote: Another place this would work, i just learned today. Ill edit it into the first post as well.

Would be good if it told you how far away it was like the R&D screens do too.

Yes, thats what i was thinking as well, i agree.
Currently if you build a factory, it gives you a completion date when you look at the factory part of the city view on the world map.
This should probably be in place for factory resizing as well.
Fixed all that's mentioned in this thread. Ready for 1.15.1 and OB1.16
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski