Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]Lock option on marketing types.
It would be nice to be able to lock f.ex. newspaper %, once you've set it.
As the years go by, and the city grows - the value you've set, becomes a smaller % so you're reducing your marketing.
With the option to lock it, you won't have to go back and increase the sliders as the value should increase.
That's an excellent idea!

Do you mind if I add couple of related suggestions?
1 - When you click the apply to all button for marketing it would be ace if it only applied it to cities that had that vehicle for sale.
2 - Make it so the "clone distribution" also clones that cities marketing. Preferably on a percentage basis rather than dollar for dollar but that'd be okay if percentage is to hard.

I'm currently playing a game with 69 branches around the planet with 7 different pricing structures over 3 different product offers and managing the marketing every time I produce a new model is an absolute nightmare!
With these three things managing an empire like this would be so easy!!!
Its a good idea, locking the spending at a certain portion of a specific model in a specific marketing type(regardless of whether its set at a percentage or just a vague proportion you set it at like maximum) would definitely save micro as you mentioned.

(02-02-2014, 07:12 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: 1 - When you click the apply to all button for marketing it would be ace if it only applied it to cities that had that vehicle for sale.
I assume your talking about Broad base advertising? If your not, i don't think i understand what you mean, if you don't mind, could you clarify a bit?

(02-02-2014, 07:12 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: 2 - Make it so the "clone distribution" also clones that cities marketing. Preferably on a percentage basis rather than dollar for dollar but that'd be okay if percentage is to hard.
This is a good idea, it makes a lot of sense.
I thought i saw this in a suggestion or bug report somewhere, but for the life of me i cannot find it.
(02-02-2014, 07:45 AM)Arakash Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 07:12 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: 1 - When you click the apply to all button for marketing it would be ace if it only applied it to cities that had that vehicle for sale.
I assume your talking about Broad base advertising? If your not, i don't think i understand what you mean, if you don't mind, could you clarify a bit?

Sure, when setting a new advertising budget for a specific model by using the "Apply all" button, the game adds that marketing to the total of every city you have a branch in. Which means if you're not selling every car you make in every branch you have, this button quickly becomes useless.
So, when using the "Apply all" button to modify the advertising budget on a certain model, it should only add that budget to branches that currently sell that model.

Also, when you "Remove from branch" or "Stop selling" or "Stop selling in region" the game should automatically remove any marketing from those branches for that model.
(02-02-2014, 02:25 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 07:45 AM)Arakash Wrote:

Sure, when setting a new advertising budget for a specific model by using the "Apply all" button, the game adds that marketing to the total of every city you have a branch in. Which means if you're not selling every car you make in every branch you have, this button quickly becomes useless.
So, when using the "Apply all" button to modify the advertising budget on a certain model, it should only add that budget to branches that currently sell that model.

Also, when you "Remove from branch" or "Stop selling" or "Stop selling in region" the game should automatically remove any marketing from those branches for that model.

Thanks for the clarification. Outside of broadbase marketing "apply to all", I think this may be a bug, it doesnt sounds like its an intended mechanic.
Ive used "Stop selling" before, i assumed it would end both the distribution and specific marketing for that vehicle all at once.
Ive also used "Apply All" to adjust marketing assuming that it would only effect the cities in which the vehicle is being distributed.
You tend to have to close the menu and reopen it though, for the refreshed information to appear/dissapper.

If you post a bug thread on it, I would suggest you find a specific vehicle in specific cities to use an example, and take a few screenshots to demonstrate.
Hmmmm, never thought of it as a bug. I just assumed it was a design oversight.
Will try and do a bug report on it and see what happens.
Good reason as to why this stuff needs to be implemented....
I just spent the better part of an hour setting up marketing and sales for some new models that finished research. I had about 5 minutes of work to go before I hit the clock to see my money rolling in and the game crashed!!! GRRRRAAARRRRGGGGGG

These changed wouldn't have stopped the game crashing but they would have made it quicker to set up so it'd be less of a pain!

I need a break. I can't do all that again just yet.
(02-03-2014, 03:06 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Good reason as to why this stuff needs to be implemented....
I just spent the better part of an hour setting up marketing and sales for some new models that finished research. I had about 5 minutes of work to go before I hit the clock to see my money rolling in and the game crashed!!! GRRRRAAARRRRGGGGGG

These changed wouldn't have stopped the game crashing but they would have made it quicker to set up so it'd be less of a pain!

I need a break. I can't do all that again just yet.

Yeah, i feel your pain.
Ive got into the habit of pressing save twice after i do almost anything, and making save backups in another folder ever year or two.
I dont think i go more than 30mins without a crash, sometimes its much more frequent.

That said, im not too bothered by it, im very used to it after playing a while and i also started playing this Open Beta expecting it.

On where you would post it:
Im not sure as well :S
Maybe you want to post in suggestions about it rather than bug? I find it difficult sometimes to classify things when im not sure whether they are WAD, a bug or just an oversight.
Lately ive just been posting ambiguous ones in suggestions and mentioning that i dont know where to post it Tongue
This sounds good.

(02-02-2014, 07:12 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: 2 - Make it so the "clone distribution" also clones that cities marketing. Preferably on a percentage basis rather than dollar for dollar but that'd be okay if percentage is to hard.
This one doesn't. Smile
I think you need a seperate button for that.
The reason being, you may very well copy a distribution from another region (Not everyone is using the trims to distinguish between regions) or you might have a different marketing strategy, so you might end up with changing more marketing all over again.
(02-03-2014, 10:46 AM)Sarchez Wrote:
This one doesn't. Smile
I think you need a seperate button for that.
The reason being, you may very well copy a distribution from another region (Not everyone is using the trims to distinguish between regions) or you might have a different marketing strategy, so you might end up with changing more marketing all over again.

I do agree, a separate button would be better.
I was just trying to offer suggestions that didn't require UI modifications =)