Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Contracting/Profits bug
I think there is some kind of bug either in the way money from contracts in calculated, or the way profits are reported for contracts. Im not sure i know which it is, if there is a bug in profits from contracts, it may be causing the strange reports/charts.
Ill first show how the reported profits look strange, then ill talk about how contracting has been a bit strange. Ive also attached a save at the end in-case it is relevant.

First on the reported profits:
Edit: I think this may be another bug entirely, the quarterly and Annual reports seem to disagree on the amount of taxes ive payed, which is a possible explanation. Ill leave what i wrote here anyway

In this first screenshot, look at the annual report, they show clear losses year to year.

However, in my game interface, through the profits number in the top left, as well as through the overall cash figure, im clearly earning profits.
Usually around 100k profits per turn.

This yearly profits chart makes it more clear. Since around 1902-1903 i have been making a profit (a small one in some cases) just off contracting out components, but the game seems to think ive been taking a loss for the entire time.

On the contracting:
There seems to be a gap between the reported revenue from contracting, in the revenue part of the sales book, and the reported profits figure/changes in cash amounts.
This may be due to some bug, or it could just be some kind of flat fee you are given when someone contracts your design. (or something else entirely WAD, i dont know)
Either way, as i mentioned in the first part, the charts and reports dont seem to be properly taking it into account.

A simple example, in around 1907-1908, i was listed as making 100k per month by contracting out several of my designs, but the component revenue only listed 50 units and 5k revenue.

Here is a later example from the sales book, notice the figure on the left doesn't match the total of the ones on the right.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Japan1 - Copy.rar (Size: 735.85 KB / Downloads: 373)
Alright I've fixed the three bugs mentioned in this thread as well as a few other associated with this system.

However there is now a major balancing flaw in the game which I will address in the progress thread.

Anyhoo marking this thread as fixed! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski