Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Trim + crash
I was just about to write up a post about how the game ALWAYS crashes to desktop when I hit the build button on a new Trim for a model... but I decided to do it first to get the message it shows... and it worked!!!

Sooooooo, the game NEARLY always crashed to desktop when I hit the build button on a new Trim...

It also happens every now and then on new year models but probably less than 10% of the time.

I sadly can't offer you any more detail on what's going on. If you ask some specific questions I can go do it again and look for what you need =)
Can confirm that this happens!
Are you making any modifications to the chassis/engines/gearboxes?
Which car body are you using?

Are either of you still have this issue? I can not duplicate it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
The issue has become significantly less frequent than it was originally (it was literally every single time I made a new trim regardless of what I did).
Now it only seems to crash when making a new trim with some modifications to vehicle stats (sliders) and even then probably only 1/3rd of the time. (Note, I don't use vehicle trims for making different grades of the same vehicle for this reason.)
It does crash when making a trim with no changes to sliders or design but very rarely.
i have the same problem, i has making a new trim to change the engine and it crashed when pressing finish, some times happens when making new cars but i believe when i am going to paint it, or when finish the tail lamps, i'm not sure...
Just to make sure we are all talking about the same thing, mostly for the benefit of girao.
I think this crash is talking about when you design a new trim, then press the build button.

There is a separate crash/series of crashes related to the "Design Body" Screen. (the screen you get by pressing the design body button during vehicle design).
I just created a thread on that crash and those related issues.
The crash you talked about related to painting a vehicle sounded like one of these, rather than a trim related crash.
yes but i have the same problem most of the time i make a new trim the game crash, last time it was whit a compact car, Aucar i belive.
(02-16-2014, 07:04 AM)girao Wrote: yes but i have the same problem most of the time i make a new trim the game crash, last time it was whit a compact car, Aucar i belive.
Yep, i thought so too, the trim crash is totally relevant, i agree.
I just thought it might be relevant to mention that the other bug in design body screen related to paint might be an entirely separate bug.
Anyway, thanks for posting in the design body thread, hopefully all instances of that bug can be smashed out.
I think I fixed this one? Has anyone had it lately?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Played about 80-ish hours since late May, and I always use the trim and new year model quite a lot. Never experienced a crash when using these. So I can verify that this error has been non-existent for my setup the last half year.

Windows 8, AMD FX "Vishera", Nvidia 600-series.