Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Passenger numbers
Ive seen some strange outputs for passenger ratings during vehicle design.
But some of the numbers just dont make any sense.

This Microcar and this Sedan are both made from the same components.
I didnt do anything in the vehicle design screen other than load a model.

15 seems implausible for a microcar. IT sounds more like a clown car at that point.

Microcar: http://i.imgur.com/CaHLCuH.png

Sedan: http://i.imgur.com/e6JLdjJ.png

I designed another sedan and microcar, this time using the same gearbox and engine but a different chassis.
This chassis was higher and stronger than the last.
Again, I didnt do anything in the vehicle design screen other than load a model.

Now the Microcar has 0 passengers and the Sedan has 0 passengers.

Microcar: http://i.imgur.com/3nM9JCb.png

Sedan: http://i.imgur.com/zkECVW1.png

Ive attached a logfile and save, but i didnt press build on any of those vehicle designs.
Its easy to replicate using that save.

Attached Files
.rar   save and log.rar (Size: 228.29 KB / Downloads: 390)
(01-15-2014, 04:02 AM)Arakash Wrote: 1.

15 seems implausible for a microcar. IT sounds more like a clown car at that point.

LOL, as a matter of fact, even for the sedan, if we EXCEPT some kind of exhibition show in which the more people could try to enter the car, it still sounds weird!

No need to even talk about a microcar. Everything remains in its name biggrin

I will have a look on mine, I never had a look at that, as... Well, who cares? It does not stop (or help) me selling cars!

Will tell you later if I have the same pb!
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-15-2014, 04:36 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote:
(01-15-2014, 04:02 AM)Arakash Wrote: 1.

LOL, as a matter of fact, even for the sedan, if we EXCEPT some kind of exhibition show in which the more people could try to enter the car, it still sounds weird!

No need to even talk about a microcar. Everything remains in its name biggrin

I will have a look on mine, I never had a look at that, as... Well, who cares? It does not stop (or help) me selling cars!

Will tell you later if I have the same pb!

I think your probably right, it isnt likely to effect sales or anything.
I got a chuckle out of thinking of trying to stuff 15 people into a Microcar though :p
I was thinking something like this clown car (from some political satire cartoon)
Haha, love the pic...

As a VW fan, I can also tell you that I often see "competitions" on shows in which, in order to win, you have to enter the more people in a beetle, which is quite fun to see, even if clearly useless... That is what I had i mind, which is close to your pic!

BTW, I can not find the passenger number in my menus... Any help to do so?
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-15-2014, 06:30 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Haha, love the pic...

As a VW fan, I can also tell you that I often see "competitions" on shows in which, in order to win, you have to enter the more people in a beetle, which is quite fun to see, even if clearly useless... That is what I had i mind, which is close to your pic!

BTW, I can not find the passenger number in my menus... Any help to do so?

That competition you mentioned sounds ridiculous but funny Smile

On the passenger numbers:
Ahh yes, youve run into a specific problem i found while trying to test this.
I cannot find it listed anywhere in normal gameplay.
Its not in the showroom, its not in the R&D view vehicle screen and its not in the compare vehicles screen in the magazine.

The only place ive seen it is during vehicle design, in the ratings screen

Edit:
So when i was trying to get screenshots of this for testing, i had to design several components and 2 chassis in a new game and start to design 4 new vehicles.
Oh... Too bad though, will have to wait for a new car to check then...
Alright this bug was fixed, and it'll be included in 1.12 Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski