Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Unofficial) FAQ
ChangeLog

• Added the Detailed description of Branches and Dealerships that Eric explained in another thread.
    I may shorten it down a bit at some point, as i should probably just get a brief description, then link to the detailed one.
  • Added a question on the new skill requirements
  • Added a sub-question on marketing effectiveness
  • Updated, reformatted and rewrote some of the FAQ's, as some need work and some are more relevant to the last build than this one.
  • More general clarity/grammar editing
  • Contracting explained (no. 14).
  • Retooling explained (no. 16)
  • Factory Sizing suggestions in no 8 (mostly my personal opinion, could always use input)
  • Transverse section fixed
  • More general editing/improvement
  • Added in links to the brief Gearcity FAQ on the Gearcity website, which explains the origins of Gearcity in some depth.
  • Rewrote marketing question a bit, to help new players
  • Added some details on how to use Broad base advertising. If i get more information, ill make this into a subquestion of its own.
  • Added no19 about Vehicle Demographics - this is all my personal experience, rather than something ive heard from Eric
  • Some minor editing
  • Added a bit of a introduction, to explain why this faq exists, the into also encourages players to look at the tutorials
  • Edited down Eric's Dealership explanation for clarity/space(very similar wording) Full credit to Eric for that one.
  • Edited the Marketing question(no. 10a) to fit 1.12 and the ambiguity of marketing types. Ive kept the old one there as i suspect it needs to be edited more)
  • An addition to the lobbying question(no. 12) - Taxes are reduced (significantly) by lobbying
  • 1.13 update
  • New question (no. 15 a and b) on the entire modify section in R&D
  • New question (no. 22) explaining Research teams in depth
  • New question (no. 23) showing how to create User Defined Reports and how useful they are.
  • Changelogs condensed into one thread
  • 1.14 update
  • Updated Q no. 8 with recommendations on Factory and Branch sizes
  • Added Expenses breakdown to no.8, its also in several other questions like no.10
  • Reviewed Per Capita section, it seems acceptable despite my earlier concerns
  • Adjusted the Vehicle Price Advice question(no.7) with more detail
  • 1.15 / Early Access update
  • Added a version of this into the Steam Gearcity Guides.
  • Did a minor edit on the intro, to reflect the new location of tutorial movies.
  • Added a new Question(no.25) on how to edit saves for testing purposes or cheat
  • Added in some expanded money values, to represent 1980's money.
  • Reworded and edited the question with suggestion/bug forum links

To Do list for the FAQ:
  • Add more suggestions from forum users or questions i notice being asked in the forums
  • Further modifications to represent the new starting date availability and options available (Question on starting date perhaps?)
  • Question explaining Overdrive and limited slip in the Gearbox and what they mean ingame
  • Add some suggested vehicle build/sizes
  • Explain how to add logos to the game, from this link

As my signature says Smile Feedback, Commentary and Suggestions are Welcome.

Messages In This Thread
(Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 01-10-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 01-12-2014, 04:14 AM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Laurent Tommy Flanagann - 01-15-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 01-15-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 05-29-2014, 08:25 AM