Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions after 1st game.
Research:
You should get a notice, when there's new car designs available. (Highligted, as when research is finished). The same should happen when you get new options, like when the ladder frame chassis becomes available. (Could be something like "We've had a breakthrough in our research....."
Could you have % sliders allocated to chassis/engine/gearbox/accessories/design for your research department, so that any idle researchers is working on those areas - when they aren't involved in a project ? That would allow you to increase focus on the areas you get the worst rating in.
How about research centers, or that you can add additional researchers, as you increase production or factories ?
The 1 performance star on the vehicle design page is driving me nuts! Smile when will that be working, or am i that bad at making designs ?

Production:
It would be nice to have "Last months sale" displayed somewhere, when you are allocating productionlines and resources. It could show production per region and be adjusted as you are moving the sliders for that particular model. That way you can see immidiatly when you've fulfilled the known demand etc.

Marketing:
Maybe it could be possible to have an option, to set the individual marketing types as a percentage per region, instead of fixed amounts, as there's a lot of variation in price.

Sales:
It would be nice to have the vehicle costprice displayed on the area sales menu (in mega menu), so you know your potential profit, when setting the price.

Production/sales:
An option to "replace" a model with another. (Should replace all sale and manufacturing of vehicle 1, with vehicle 2).

Racing:
Do you get research or performance benefits for the things you pick to use in the series, and is there a way to influence the results apart from throwing more money at it ? (Maybe you should be able to upgrade that engine with 15% instead of 10% or something like that).
1) Notifications will probably be coming soon when new tech comes around,

Second part of that suggestion wouldn't work because tech comes through at a static rate. Research is only for components parts themselves, not for the time at which new components arrive. Administration cost (and employees) increase with branches and factories.

I will probably need to do some tweaking so that the ebb and flow of Engineers isn't so vast as it is now. (Some engineers should always be staffed for modifications etc)

Yes, you're making crappy cars, thus why you have 1star ratings Wink

2) Good idea, I'm not sure where to stick it in the GUI though.

3) The idea of setting a percentage (slider) has came up, this will cover the vast variation between cities. I could probably do the same for a button in the quick calculator to do it for specific regions.

4) It is, if you look at the listing above, under select vehicle, and beside the factory stuff... unit cost can be found in that list box.

5)Good Idea, I'll add it to the quick calculator

5) Yes, engines and cars play a factor in the series that uses them. Budget series only require you to throw money at it. Your image ratings and some skill ratings also play a factor. Those will be visible in 1.11

So switch out your engines to fastest, more reliable, best economic ones, do the same for cars. And improve your racing image/global image and performance skills, and you'll win races! Wink

Sorry for the late reply and poor grammar, 2:30 Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
A few more suggestions, as I'm going through my second game....

Esc key, to exit windows. That would save a lot of clicking!

When you modify something (end production of a part or vehicle) the window auto closes.
This means you have to go back and open the window again, if you want to do a "clean up". Especially annoying when you've just bought 3-5 marques.

The option to terminate a contract for a part would be nice. (Your part, again this often comes up when taking over another company and you can't end production of a part.).

Howcome the AI can produce automatic transmissions, and we can't ?
Is this a bug that it can, or should we be able to ?

In production - I've seen several times, that I have -5 production lines available at a plant, and other times I allocate 3 lines, but it 5 available dissapears when I assign them.
Is there a fixed number of lines that gets allocated each time, so I should go for 3/6/9 lines etc. ?

I still have crappy 1star cars, although they get rating 50/100 and they sell biggrin
(01-08-2014, 06:57 PM)Sarchez Wrote: In production - I've seen several times, that I have -5 production lines available at a plant, and other times I allocate 3 lines, but it 5 available dissapears when I assign them.
Is there a fixed number of lines that gets allocated each time, so I should go for 3/6/9 lines etc. ?

Ive seen this a number of times.
Ive wondered whether that is a bug or some misunderstanding on my part of the game mechanics, as it happens pretty randomly.
(01-08-2014, 06:57 PM)Sarchez Wrote: A few more suggestions, as I'm going through my second game....

Esc key, to exit windows. That would save a lot of clicking!

When you modify something (end production of a part or vehicle) the window auto closes.
This means you have to go back and open the window again, if you want to do a "clean up". Especially annoying when you've just bought 3-5 marques.

The option to terminate a contract for a part would be nice. (Your part, again this often comes up when taking over another company and you can't end production of a part.).

Howcome the AI can produce automatic transmissions, and we can't ?
Is this a bug that it can, or should we be able to ?

In production - I've seen several times, that I have -5 production lines available at a plant, and other times I allocate 3 lines, but it 5 available dissapears when I assign them.

I still have crappy 1star cars, although they get rating 50/100 and they sell biggrin

1)I've thought about using the ESC as a close window key. I may work it in when I get to adding all the function hotkeys

2 & 3) I'll look into it

4) Bug, I'll look into it. Autos come available in 1940

5) I think this is a bug that I fixed already, see Giacomo's assembly line exploit threads. If This bug is still in 1.11 please make a new thread with it specifically! (save game would help too)

6) What is it 1 star rated in? 50/100 should be 2.5 stars Tongue
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(01-09-2014, 10:04 PM)Eric.B Wrote: 6) What is it 1 star rated in? 50/100 should be 2.5 stars Tongue

It's only performance that's normally 1 star.
I have seen a 1,5 star once i think biggrin

While I can make engines about with about 80 rating, I'm struggling to get a rating over 30 in transmissions, so I think it's connected to that.
I haven't played around with it enough, but from what I've read here, the design itself does not play a major part at this time (The body part I mean), so my thinking is, it's one of the 3 parts I've developed that isn't good enough, or they don't fit well together for that type of vehicle.
If you think it's wrong, then I'll be happy to send a savegame.
There are a lot of things that factor into performance other than engine size/quality. Smile
As pertaining to 1) it looks like we won't be getting component design notifications. The system now is too fluid and without a good chunk of code being added a memo notification would be difficult to do. Is this an important enough feature to warrant the amount of code? (The code it self isn't the problem, but the extra time per turn, and making it flexible for multiplayer)

What I can do is give notification when the component is available and if you have the skill rating to use it... It just won't notify you when your skill rating crosses the component threshold... Design flaw on my part, sorry.
(03-05-2014, 08:51 PM)Eric.B Wrote: What I can do is give notification when the component is available and if you have the skill rating to use it... It just won't notify you when your skill rating crosses the component threshold... Design flaw on my part, sorry.

It's perfectly fine. No need for notifications on things we can't do anyway.

I'm aware that this means, we don't know if the money we are putting into research, actually have any effect (we might have researched all that is possible at the time), but then again IRL, you never know whether research is going to be successfull or not either.