Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing some Cheap Vehicle Designs
After i created another thread trying to create sales records, i thought it might make sense to share the very cheap vehicles from that, as they are extreme in their own right.

I started making the cheapest vehicle possible when i was playing a game in japan. Their per capita is so low your really forced to make very very cheap vehicles in the start. I decided to start a new game and try to sell a similar design philosophy to the much richer English, just to see what would happen.

The designs were fairly simple.
In order to reduce cost, i made things as simple as possible, with the majority of sliders to the left to reduce cost.
So i had a 1 cylinder engine and a 1 gear gearbox, as well as a tiny chassis frame size.

I only made compromises in a few areas which i thought would keep it relevant and popular for a long time in the middle class:
Some reliability in most components (though the engine is naturally reliable as its a one cylinder)
A large single cylinder engine size
Material Quality, engine performance sliders and general weight sliders, to reduce weight and make the whole vehicle far more efficient.

The final design cost around $160-200 to produce, though i don't remember the exact number. This let me set the Selling Price around the 500-600 mark, which compared to most vehicles on sale is very very cheap.
Later on i had it around 450, but that's about as low as i could get it while still covering my costs(mostly transportation) and turning a mild profit.

I don't have screenshots for the original vehicle, but i do have ones for how it looks in 1909 here.
(The later save shows a $50-100 lower production cost compared to the starting vehicle, due to the numbers of them i produced.)

[Image: m54dR51.png]

[Image: WWu4yqY.png]

I made successor designs in 1908, which are improved in almost all categories, but their production cost is 2-3x the original. Considering the per capital of London, my main place of sale(under 500), they really aren't priced for the middle class anymore.
That combined with their unsurprisingly slow sales makes me think they are failures, but here is the screenshots of the designs anyway.
[Image: JNsDwo9.png]

[Image: kl3uhyY.png]
In 1.11, i thought id mess around with cheap designs again, designed for the Japanese market which has a very low per capita (100-200 around before 1910).

Ive got here a Microcar and Compact here, very very cheap vehicles, even without producing any units at all. Mass production could really cut that price down even more.

Im especially pleased with the 1910 compact. A 3.4Litre 4 Cylinder Straight engine and average ratings overall, but an absolute bargain at $274 before production.
For that price thats a really good vehicle imo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)