Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Vehicle Sales while still making a profit
(01-05-2014, 11:47 AM)geozero Wrote:
(01-01-2014, 12:49 PM)Arakash Wrote: Whats its production cost? I think mine started around 200-250(i honestly don't really remember) but is 106 now. That let me set my sales price quite low(500-600) from the beginning.

I go to R&D view vehicle and it will show you your production cost per unit.

I also started with pricing cars just a couple of hundred over cost... then discovered that if I priced them at $1000-$1500 over cost they actually sold better and I made a profit. Seems odd.

The first part of the response kind of confused me. Im not sure who you were telling where the production cost is, because clearly both of us knew it was in the R&D screen, as we both listed unit costs.

Personally ive still found i get higher sales with a very low price, especially with other competing models on the market.
Assuming i understand the way the wealth distribution works, this makes sense, as a lower price should mean a larger percentage of the population should be able to afford it.
Especially when my sales price is below the Per capita income, i think that means the average citizen should be able to buy it with a years wage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highest Vehicle Sales while still making a profit - by Arakash - 01-05-2014, 06:20 PM