Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Vehicle Sales while still making a profit
It does become very expensive to build in western nations as the game progresses. This is one of the problems I have with late game AI. As it is now, around 1950-1960 is when the transport/labor balance becomes something to look into.

In Australia case you have 3 major thing working against you. Location, location, and location. It doesn't cost much to ship cars from Malaysia or South Korea. Tariffs, etc play into it sure. But in my mind it'd be much harder to compete against countries only 1000 miles away.

In the US we have Mexico, and a lot of manufacturing has gone to them as well. Nissan, Ford, and Volkswagen build many models down there. Of course labor in the South Eastern US is only a little more expensive, much more safe, and no unions. Which is why almost everyone and their mother in the US market is building in the south east.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Here is my latest attempt, this time in the new build 1.11.
To remind any new viewers, this is testing to see the highest sales volume you can reach before 1910, you just have to attach a yearly profits screenshot to show you arent bankrupting yourself.

I created 4 models, Touring, Compact, Sedan and Phaeton all using the same components (the sedan used a 4stroke instead of a 2)
I made all of them in 1900, as ive found that making them later makes them far too expensive to reach high volumes before 1910. (Note: The vehicle designs do get much cheaper to build after 1910, but that's outside the scope of the challenge here, so not really important) Their rating was around 45-50 at the time i made them.
I sold them all in the Eastern US, using a lot of marketing(20-70 per unit, i attached a screenshot showing) and most of what id learned about the game since my older games in everything from vehicle design to branch/factory design.

I set the price at around 600-700, then i refined and reduced it steadily over time as the construction price of the vehicle dropped. I aimed to keep it just at the point where i would get marginal profits to not go bankrupt.

It took until July 1908 for the Compact and Phaeton models to get below the steadily rising per capita of the US(420 at the time). I consider this a bit of a milestone when attempting this, as i assume it means that quite a large percentage of the population are either close to or in reach of the vehicle.
At this point those were only costing $200 to produce, so over half of my expenses were in things like marketing/transportation/branches.

Results were pretty mediocre compared to the one i listed.
I didn't get any model beyond 3k sales in a month, or combined sales from all the models beyond 6-8k. (They all use the same components, so i consider them almost identical)
Ive attached several screenshots, most from 1908.

If i try it again, i think ill focus on London, largely to simplify and speed up the process.

Here is a screenshot i forgot to post, which contains the most successful of the vehicles i produced. (Still not overly successful)
It is a showroom screenshot, with the box from the R&D screen edited in.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)