Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meaning of measurements in the City View
I was writing more questions for the FAQ but i realized that i wasn't actually entirely aware of one of the answers to a question i was asking.

The question was, what does all of the measurements in the city view mean?
Im aware of most of this, but im not sure on some.
Doing some searches i had part of my question answered, but not all parts.

Infrastructure - I have no idea what this represents in Gearcity. In most games it represents things like roads, rail and general public buildings/works. Im guessing it could mean anything from transportation costs to changing the number of people who are willing to buy vehicles due to a lack of roads.

Manufacturing Capacity - I think this changes the number of vehicles you can produce in a factory. I also suspect its linked to Labor skill and Manufacturing requirements of vehicles.

Manufacturing Growth (is pretty self explanatory)

Resources - I think this represents the cost of buying materials for building vehicles in the city. Does it also change the cost of building a factory there?

Fuel Prices - I think this one is fairly obvious, it shows whether the price of fuel is good or not. Im certain this changes the populations's buying habits towards fuel efficient vehicles.

Labor skill - I'm unsure exactly what this means.
Judging from another thread in help here, I think if this is low you get a penalty when producing high "manufacturing requirements" vehicles.
Infrastructure, exactly that. Less infrastructure means it'll be more costly to to run things and less people will buy cars.

Manufacturing Capacity, correct again. Although the manufacturing requirements currently only effects the number of units produced.

Manufacturing Growth, how quickly Capacity grows, can be influenced by the user.

Resources, effects factory set up cost and monthly costs. Will in the future effect manufacturing costs.

Labor Skill, how skilled workers are. Effects number of units produced per line, and manufacturing requirement.

Not including infrastructure, most of these things have minor effects on the vehicle price/quality/sales, I may end up balancing them to make them stronger in the future. Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-11-2014, 11:27 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Infrastructure, exactly that. Less infrastructure means it'll be more costly to to run things and less people will buy cars.

Manufacturing Capacity, correct again. Although the manufacturing requirements currently only effects the number of units produced.

Manufacturing Growth, how quickly Capacity grows, can be influenced by the user.

Resources, effects factory set up cost and monthly costs. Will in the future effect manufacturing costs.

Labor Skill, how skilled workers are. Effects number of units produced per line, and manufacturing requirement.

Not including infrastructure, most of these things have minor effects on the vehicle price/quality/sales, I may end up balancing them to make them stronger in the future. Wink

Thanks for the Clarification. This is all very useful information.

I think they are also a great target for modding.
I was imagining earlier creating a massively fuel deprived 1900 just to see what would happen Smile
Or for more of a challenge, resource deprived world once it effects manufacturing costs.
That would be a real burden on the player.
Various inflation rates and events can be added to the TurnEvents.xml file. So yea, such scenarios are possible, it's mostly controlled by one file. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski