Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with contracts please
Hi again,

I am not sure the beta features it, but still, I get confused on contracts.

When I click on it (on the book under the phone), it says that this feature is not in the beta. But in my reports reminder, I can see that many other brands contracted my parts.

I experienced (and also read on another thread) that there might be a bug with the contract button (only one price box to check, but many different parts, with different prices), but maybe it is just me that does not understand the point...

As a matter of facts, I think we should be able to buy parts from competitors as they can buy from us but I am not sure...

Any help?
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
The contracts in the phone is a different sort of contracts. Contracted parts will in future versions be renamed to Licenses, and Contracts will cover fleet/government orders for vehicles.

Don't know when i'll be able to get to this however.

Anyhoo the parts contracting system has had a major overhaul in the next build. So stay tuned as they say. For now I'd avoid contracting out parts.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Hi Eric,

Lil'help is still required understanding the contract systems... Once I've bought a company (I know I know, I like it) I have soooo many parts available, and as I want to manually stop their production, it says that I can't because they still used on cars...

Fact is, I have no other car available, so I assume it comes from contracted parts, as I still get messages saying that companies contracted some of my parts...

How do I do to stop that? I've been trying, but I can't find it anywhere... The only solution I have seems to be the selling of the marques I owe, because it is their parts that are sold to competitors, not mine...

Any idea?
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-15-2014, 06:02 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Hi Eric,

Lil'help is still required understanding the contract systems... Once I've bought a company (I know I know, I like it) I have soooo many parts available, and as I want to manually stop their production, it says that I can't because they still used on cars...

Fact is, I have no other car available, so I assume it comes from contracted parts, as I still get messages saying that companies contracted some of my parts...

How do I do to stop that? I've been trying, but I can't find it anywhere... The only solution I have seems to be the selling of the marques I owe, because it is their parts that are sold to competitors, not mine...

Any idea?

That sounds like something that could be cemented into a suggestion of some sort.

Perhaps some kind of filter tickbox in the view screen to hide contracted parts you aren't producing?
Or some kind of mode that shows a list of contracted parts you can discontinue?

I dont know, im just thinking out loud here.

(01-15-2014, 06:02 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: As a matter of facts, I think we should be able to buy parts from competitors as they can buy from us but I am not sure...

Maybe i don't understand you here, but cant you already do this with the current system?

Under "Contract" in the R&D
Just looking at the screen now, you just select another company, select one of their parts, then select agree.
Doesn't that then give you your competitors parts?
(01-15-2014, 06:15 AM)Arakash Wrote: Maybe i don't understand you here, but cant you already do this with the current system?

Just looking at the screen now, you just select another company, select one of their parts, then select agree.

Yes, thanks, I know that now...

Back in time, on january 1rst, I did not, that's it!

That being said, do you know how to stop them? I mean the contracts?
(01-15-2014, 06:21 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote:
(01-15-2014, 06:15 AM)Arakash Wrote: Maybe i don't understand you here, but cant you already do this with the current system?

Yes, thanks, I know that now...

Back in time, on january 1rst, I did not, that's it!

That being said, do you know how to stop them? I mean the contracts?

Sorry didn't read the post dates, i just saw a newly updated post on the forums.
I didn't expect the post to get necro'd (though maybe its too recent for that term to be accurate)

Do i know how to stop the contracts? No, i never done it before.
Edit: Or perhaps more accurately, ive never had any reason to do it before, as i really dont buy companies(i want to keep the AI intact for a lot of reasons)
Killing contracts can't be done yet, it has been suggested before. I'll try to get to it when I can! Smile
In the mean time, skip those parts, you're making money off them for pretty much free anyway Tongue
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski