Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Vehicle/Component Designer UI suggestions
A couple of UI suggestions for the Vehicle/Component designer in the R&D screen.

1. Vehicle design seems to require Vehicle Body Design in order to access some of the tabs.
If its basically a requirement like the layout step where you select basic options, then can it be something that automatically opens after the layout step?

2. The vast majority of the time when im designing a vehicle/component, i open up all the windows at once, like technology, materials, focus etc.
Ideally i would like to be able to access all those sliders with fewer clicks/time.
I think they should open all automatically when you enter the designer.
If that's not practical/possible, an "open all" button would still save time/clicks.

3. A standard part of UI design in most modern programs seem to be a confirmation on the cancel/exit button. I like it mainly because it keeps you from accidentally losing your progress.
I think the same kind of thing would be good for the cancel buttons in the Vehicle/Component Designer.
Added in 1.18
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski