Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Mega menu suggestiions
These are mostly to do with marketing but not exclusively...

Non-marketing:
- Make the city name at the top of the mega menu a drop-down box so you can easily go straight to the city you want with two clicks.

- Next to the left and right arrows, put an extra left and right arrow that jumps straight to the next city with a factory.

Marketing
- Change the "Apply all" button on the "Modify" screen to apply that marketing to all models sold in that city (including "Broad Base") rather than to that model in all cities. I believe this would be much more useful as you generally want marketing rates to be different in different cities but you often want to apply the same amount of marketing to all models sold in a city.

- Add the following buttons to the "Auto Commands" screen below the "Modify Marketing" button:
* "Modify Marketing - Type" - brings up a new box with a drop-down to select marketing type (news paper, billboard etc) and a slider to apply a +/- % to that specific marketing type in all of your cities.
* "Modify Marketing - City" - brings up a new box with a drop-down to select a city and a slider to apply a +/- % to all marketing in that city.
* "Modify Marketing - Region" - as above but effect marketing in a whole region rather than just a city.

A regional retool button for branches would also be useful but nowhere near as much of a time saver as the above.
Some really great suggestions here. I support all of them, they all look like reasonable and useful suggestions.

My personal favorite is changing the apply all button as you point out here.
(02-09-2014, 03:52 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: .
Marketing
- Change the "Apply all" button on the "Modify" screen to apply that marketing to all models sold in that city (including "Broad Base") rather than to that model in all cities. I believe this would be much more useful as you generally want marketing rates to be different in different cities but you often want to apply the same amount of marketing to all models sold in a city.
This is a great suggestion. I might just clarify to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

I think your referring to an apply button for all the models and broad base within one marketing type( i wasn't sure if you were clear on that).
So for example:
You go into London in the mega menu.
You go into Newspapers, click on a model, set a level (say $50) and press "apply all"
Now all of the Newspaper marketing in London across all models including broad base is set to $50. This doesn't include other marketing types like Billboards, or other cities.

I definitely love this idea.
Considering my current habits, this would save me about 3-4 clicks per model when adjusting or updating marketing.
I, i think like you, usually give equal amounts of one marketing type to every model, but i tend to vary the cash/percentages for each marketing type, and for each different city.
Very good suggestions! For me, marketing as it works now in the game is a lot of "unnecessary" work with lots of clicks. In my recent game, I play a multi-marque company (9 marques) with about 35 models altogether. I have about 40 branches worldwide. As I introduce 3 to 5 new modells every year, it is really lots of work which could be done much easier with these suggestions.
That's exactly what I meant Arakash. =)

Celest, I have been meaning to play a game like that as well but the sheer amount of time I spend on marketing for 8-10 models from one brand really make me wary of doing it!

I agree with Arakash, the change to the Apply All button I suggested would be the biggest time saver of all of my suggestions in the OP. The other suggestions wouldn't save that much time but they'd be great sanity savers!
(02-09-2014, 02:34 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: That's exactly what I meant Arakash. =)

Celest, I have been meaning to play a game like that as well but the sheer amount of time I spend on marketing for 8-10 models from one brand really make me wary of doing it!

From a business piont of view, it makes no sense to play with 9 marques and branches worldwide in 1910. I make a profit of about 10-15 Mio. every month, but with transportation cost about 15 to 20 Mio. Normally, I should kill of at least about 3 or 4 marques. But I love to design cars that fits to the marques image. I have a "high end" luxury marque, a upper luxury marque, a sporty-luxury marque, a "normal" marque, a cheaper marque, a microcar marque, a van and truck marque, a sportscar marque and luxury sedan marque (only one modell with really lots of hp). For example, I have 3 Full sized Sedan modells, each for one marque, a quiet cheap one with less hp, a "middle-Class" one and a big one with lots of hp.

Lots of fun, but it takes a hugh amount of time in managing all the modells and the replacements, etc. But I am thinking of expandation, why not buying some more marquess and devolping special vehicles for local markets... :cool:
(02-09-2014, 03:07 PM)Celeste Wrote: But I am thinking of expandation, why not buying some more marquess and devolping special vehicles for local markets... :cool:

You sir, are a mad man! =)

I make specific trims for each region and make sure I have factories in those regions to make cars for them. Saves a mint on freight costs but takes time.

I'd like to do what you're doing but I think I'll be waiting till 1.12 or possibly 1.13 depending on what makes it into 1.12 before I do.

I am playing a game right now in which my goal is to have the biggest market share possible (been hovering just below 60% for a couple of years). I have been buying out other marques in that game but mostly just to take ownership of their factories and branches and to remove difficult competition =)
Coming to the end of WW1 now and have managed to secure a few failing marques for an absolute steal (got a couple for less than a million!!!). Once the war is over i'll be updating all of my models and releasing a few new one trying to break that mystical 60% marketing share barrier!
Bump. Keen to hear Eric's opinion on these suggestions. I'd really love to see them in the game at some point (preferably on the list for 1.13 Wink )
(02-10-2014, 05:43 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Bump. Keen to hear Eric's opinion on these suggestions. I'd really love to see them in the game at some point (preferably on the list for 1.13 Wink )
The bump was a little excessive, for a whole bunch of reasons, but mostly because there are so few people on the forums at the moment, and your post was afaik still on the first page.

If you really want a faster response, you could always leave a message on the VENT IRC(click the Chat button on the top of the forums), Eric seems to check that every few hours as well.

Anyway, keep up the good suggestions Smile
(02-10-2014, 05:43 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Bump. Keen to hear Eric's opinion on these suggestions. I'd really love to see them in the game at some point (preferably on the list for 1.13 Wink )

I've been focusing on the user manual so I have not put too much thought into the suggestions at this time. (Trust me I'd rather be fixing bugs and adding features...)

The suggestions sound good, I'm not going to be able to work them into 1.12 and I'm not sure if I can work them in for 1.13.

1.13 Really depends on what happens with 1.12. You'll learn more in the near future. Wink

As for 1.14, it's possible...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Work faster *cracks whip*

LOL!

I'm pretty happy with that answer.

Thanks =)