Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Marketing automation and reports?
I'm still exploring the game, so correct me if any of my observations are wrong...

I like the different marketing channels and I imagine there's a difference between investing $100 in newspapers instead of magazines. My first little issue is that I find it tedious to go to each city and then each marketing channel to adjust my investment levels. Some kind of automation would be nice, such as....

1) asking the computer to invest a percentage of my profits from a city/region/across the globe into marketing...
2) asking the computer to invest a fixed sum into marketing etc....
3) asking the computer to invest a fixed sum/percentage into marketing based on an a reputation I wish to create... For example, I may wish to be seen as a safety conscious motoring company. The computer then invests according to best achieve this (.... newspapers instead of sporting events?.. not sure how the game mechanics distinguish the different channels...)
4) Similar to point 3, but asking the computer to create marketing investment based on the demographic I'm aiming for.

My second issue is that I find it difficult to analyse the effect of marketing on my company. Would it be possible to include some kind of customer survey report that gives the player some insight into how their car company is perceived in each city/region/or across the globe? Even if the survey needs to be paid for! It would also be useful to gain an understanding of how our competitors are viewed. In fact, even a general 'brand awareness' report would be great.

So these are my two little 'gripes' about marketing. As I wrote earlier, I may be missing some elements of the game that already exist but I'm yet to find. If anything I've suggested is already there, I apologize in advance!
I've added in version 1.10 a button that will allow you to set ALL cities' marketing budgets from the mega menu. This should shave off time it takes to set every marketing setting for every city.

Once you have the base set up you can use the calculator to adjust budget increase/decrease by percentage.

The idea of a maketing/image report has been brought up a number of times. I will probably go ahead and make something that will give you an indication of what's happening since you're not the first one to bring this up.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(11-15-2013, 02:29 AM)Giacomo Wrote: 1) asking the computer to invest a percentage of my profits from a city/region/across the globe into marketing...
2) asking the computer to invest a fixed sum into marketing etc....

I just want to say that i also support this suggestion.
I also want to add another possible way to automate a marketing budget would be to base it on marketing cost per unit sold, which is what i currently base my marketing budgets on.
Setting it to spend $20 per unit for example, which would then scale itself up or down with local variations in sales.
In 1.13 we've expanded the marketing tools in the megamenu to lock percentages, all well as apply budget percentages to all vehicles, etc. This will allow the game to automatically adjust marketing budgets based on what you've locked. As well make it easier to set budgets for your vehicles.

Image reports and marketing reports have also been implemented. This will allow you to see how well your marketing is doing. You should also notice an increase in sales! Smile

I believe these changes should solve most of the tediousness in the marketing system, as such I'm marking this thread as fixed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski