Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Pricing/Cost suggestions
After playing the game a few ingame years with a fair amount of success, i want to share some suggestions based on my gameplay for Gearcity.

First ill say ive enjoyed the game a lot so far, ive found my games interesting, complex and challenging.

I had several failed games to start off with. Once i read the tips/guides on this forum I managed to have a successful game up to 1907 so far, mainly based off Pickup Trucks in the Eastern US.
The tips in the vehicle design screen really helped in getting the right vehicles designed for the right circumstances, but i think a lot more tips could be added there.

A big part of the reason most of my first games failed is i really didnt have a solid and clear understanding of what price to set my vehicles and much more importantly, what price people would buy them at.
I ended up learning how to set price properly mainly from forum posts here.

A couple of things could help here imo
1. A suggested price number in the vehicle specs (or even in the distribution window under branch) , which could represent a % above cost that usually covers basic sales and production. (maybe 20-30%?)
2. A yes/no popup when you design a vehicle to let you know its suggested price(or cost) is above the recommended 5x capita which makes it hard to sell.

Beyond pricing, as a new player, i found it kind of confusing when reading reviews of vehicles ingame as well as general feedback during construction.
Most of it doesnt seem to reflect what ingame seems to be the average quality of vehicles at the time.

For example, im currently on East Coast USA, either the only or the majority producer of Pickup Trucks, but even though they are still popular and selling in the thousands, most are considered either "Do not buy" or "Not worth the Money" etc.
My best seller, which as of 1907 ive sold over 150,000, is considered "Not that bad".
The other two old vehicles i got from another company are considered "Avoid at all costs", which are still selling a thousand in the first case and in hundreds in the second case, per year.

Messages In This Thread
[FIXED]Pricing/Cost suggestions - by Arakash - 12-12-2013, 09:55 AM
RE: Pricing/Cost suggestions - by Eric.B - 12-12-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Pricing/Cost suggestions - by Arakash - 12-12-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: Pricing/Cost suggestions - by Eric.B - 12-12-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: Pricing/Cost suggestions - by Eric.B - 07-19-2014, 02:45 PM