Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Financial Reports and Analysis
(06-01-2014, 03:43 AM)supercool711 Wrote: My suggestion would be to include more visibility (breakdown) of the financial results of the Company.

For Managers, it is very important to track and understand the Variable Costs, Fixed Costs, Distribution Costs, Marketing Expenses and General Overhead Expenses. This way the player should be able to understand better the operating profit and make decisions accordingly.

I would suggest having a section with financial information including all these (a good example is Capitalism 2 or Capitalism Lab).

If a financial model is included, I would suggest multiple currencies, and other macroeconomic variables, such as interest rates, inflation and GDP growth.

There is a Business Simulation Game used by Universities in their MBA degrees called Business Strategy Game (http://bsi.bsg-online.com/) which has all these in place.
Just to check, are you aware of the expenses breakdowns in the sales book at the moment?
Also, are you aware of the additional expenses breakdowns in the custom reports?

I was expecting you to say these were insufficient, but i dont think you even mentioned them, which leads me to believe you are unaware of them.

I frequently use (and have done for some time) the cost per unit expenses as a way to manage my buisness in the game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Missing Financial Reports and Analysis - by Arakash - 06-01-2014, 04:50 AM
RE: Missing Financial Reports and Analysis - by bladeau - 02-09-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Missing Financial Reports and Analysis - by financialmodeler - 12-02-2016, 07:16 PM