Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal Fees - Random event/overall cost
(03-11-2014, 01:27 AM)Sarchez Wrote: I think we already have that, in terms of workers (strikes/unions).

Ofcourse that doesn't cover any other legalities, such as patent infringements etc.
If you want to introduce something like that, you'd also need to create some kind of patent system, which I think would be difficult while keeping the balance of the game.
Personally i really want to avoid having to make the entire system in detail. I think it should just simulate and abstract various disputes with other companies, individuals and contractors through a few levels of seriousness.

I wasnt really thinking of worker disputes when i was thinking of this, as you point out they are already an optional feature of the game.
I was imagining :
Legal challenges or just being sued through the courts.
Disputes with other companies or contractors working for your company over various issues like contracts. (e.g. a company claims you owe them 100k more for building that factory due to other expenses/contracts)
On some level i suppose it could cover patent infringement disputes, but as i said, i want it abstracted, not calculated in detail.

I edited my first post to include these examples for clarity's sake.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legal Fees - Random event/overall cost - by Arakash - 03-11-2014, 01:55 AM