Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WONT]Confirmation/Reminder Uninstall - Delete user files
For the new patch that came out, i uninstalled the old gearcity version and then installed 1.11, planning to patch 1.12 on top of it. Just to make sure i had a clean install.

I unfortunately learned the hard way just now that when you uninstall, it gives you no warning that it deletes all of your save files and other data in your user/appdata folder.

So I would like to suggest that it does either remind you its going to delete all your user files, or give a tickbox so you can choose whether to delete them or not.

I think im on fairly solid ground to do this, as most games i play either dont delete your user files at all when you uninstall (most steam games for e.g.) or give you the tickbox i mentioned allowing you to choose. (many other games).

There are a few other confirmation related suggestions floating around, but im confident this one is in a different category and deserving of its own thread.

Messages In This Thread
[WONT]Confirmation/Reminder Uninstall - Delete user files - by Arakash - 03-01-2014, 03:29 AM