Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The ultimate marketing solution?
(02-18-2014, 10:25 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Apparently not THAT clearly LOL

Yes, I meant for each marketing type to still have its own individual sliders and numbers in the manager, not for all marketing to be controlled by one giant evil slider.

You would basically be setting a marketing percentage for each marketing type for every managed city in a region with two clicks.

The biggest problem would be if all cities within a region aren't selling all the same cars. I suppose the manager would display every car sold by any branch within that region but would hopefully be smart enough to not apply marketing for cars in branches that don't sell them. If that is too difficult to program, well, that's one of the reasons there's a check box to choose which cities are managed and which aren't =)

In a related note. Perhaps you could still have a manually enterable value to bypass the slider but rather than being a dollar value it be a percentage?
Yeah, im a little picky on making sure your talking about marketing types. But for good reasons, i think. I hope you can tolerate my pickyness Smile.
"Marketing Type" the only way i know to describe when people are talking specifically about things like newspapers rather than advertising for a model overall.

I think we are basically in agreement now you've clarified your position. That's cause to celebrate i think.

I think the current thing where the game allows you to market in places you arent selling is a frustrating bug. If it did happen when you were using the manager you proposed, marketing in places where they aren't selling vehicles, i would also consider it a bug then and report it.

On your last point:
Im guessing here, but were you looking for some kind of ability to override the marketing manager for a specific slider, without turning off the marketing manager for all sliders in the city?
The reason i ask is because i think the system you are proposing, in a few threads, has a built in on/off switch for each city. (i may be confusing threads though)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The ultimate marketing solution? - by Arakash - 02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: The ultimate marketing solution? - by Arakash - 02-18-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: The ultimate marketing solution? - by Arakash - 02-19-2014, 12:44 AM
RE: The ultimate marketing solution? - by Arakash - 02-19-2014, 01:32 AM
RE: The ultimate marketing solution? - by Arakash - 03-02-2014, 05:57 AM