Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Design Project Costs - Design sliders
(02-11-2014, 04:00 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: My only question is (directed at Eric really) how much actual gain do you get from turning up those design cost only slider?

I ask because the comparatively small cost to max them might already be balanced by a comparatively small return.
It will be interesting hearing Eric's opinion on this yes.

I can share my personal opinion based on my personal experience in the meantime, even though its purely anecdotal.

I find you can easily boost the quality of vehicle with Min Manufac/Tech/Material sliders by putting most of the other design sliders to max.
I just produced a really terrible vehicle in 1901/2 for example, with a 32 rating but all min on the sliders i mentioned. Its production cost is around 200-210.
By no means the cheapest vehicle you can make, but imo, its quality was boosted using those sliders without any real disadvantage to me as a player. It cost marginally more and especially in the case of the gearbox/engine, even at max design sliders it took less time than the chassis, so time isnt really an issue.

The market demographics sliders are perhaps the only one(that dont increase unit cost) that really does have a serious disadvantage imo. Maxing them all can make vehicle development take literally years Smile

Perhaps there is some kind of disadvantage im not aware of, such as the high design requirements of such a vehicle causing me severe penalties because of my low company design skill around 1900.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Design Project Costs - Design sliders - by Arakash - 02-11-2014, 04:22 AM