Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Obsolete]Low tech factories need balancing.
I discovered this in a recent playthrough. It could just be a bug, in that case it should probably be moved.

I built two factories in Japan 1919, one in Osaka and one in Tokyo, both using the same strategy of max capacity, max quantity and low or no tech. Even from a roleplaying perspective i like this, as my factories would probably be low tech there in that period anyway.

Note: Both factories are at 100 efficiency (0 wear)

Ive had to look into my save files to get this afterwards, but(after subsidies):
The first factory (Factory A) costs :2,329,176
The second factory (Factory B) costs : 128,742 (i remember it being 200-270, but the save doesnt agree)

The factories in the save file are surprisingly similar, but i think there are several issues:
Monthly cost of these factories:
Factory A costs :232,319
Factory B costs :11,510
(this is how i originally noticed the problem, the factory costs in expenses were a strangely low $15 per unit)

Number of units Produced:
Factory A can produce ~2k units
Factory B can produce ~3k units

I looked to see if there was some hidden balancing figures, but all i can see in the save files are higher equipment wear (5-10%) and perhaps some 10-20% lower differences in some efficiencies.
Also, the stats of the cities themselves seem very similar, Osaka has 0.5 star lower infrastructure and manufacturing capacity.
Overall, i think it needs balancing.

Ive attached a bunch of screenshots for reference.
Ive also attached a save. Its the same game i posted in another thread, but im not sure if it is visible in the other saves, so i attached a new one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Japan1 - Copy.rar (Size: 1.24 MB / Downloads: 396)

Messages In This Thread
[Obsolete]Low tech factories need balancing. - by Arakash - 02-05-2014, 05:20 AM