Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Australia in WW1 - Is it supposed to be at peace?
I havent found this mentioned in any other threads

Im not sure if this is a bug or a beta suggestion, but shouldn't Australia be set to Minor war during World War 1 rather than Peace?
Seeing as Australia is so far away, i might not expect any major changes in their industry, however there was a substantial number of volunteers who went overseas and i would expect this to have an effect on sales.
Its especially a bit jarring as Aus is at peace ingame, but Canada is considered fully at war. Afaik both nations served on the Western front in numbers.

For some statistics.
Im looking at an Aus gov website which suggests the mobilization figure was around 400,000 people from 1914-18, which is around 30-40% of the male population between 18 and 44.
The population of Aus was only 4-5mil at the time, so for the population as a whole thats 10-15%.
It seems significant enough to be represented as at least a minor war. You could make an argument for major depending on Gearcity's criteria on major/minor war.

Messages In This Thread
[FIXED]Australia in WW1 - Is it supposed to be at peace? - by Arakash - 02-02-2014, 12:01 PM