Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[FIXED]Radial Engine Format Needs To Be Added To the Game
(01-28-2014, 10:45 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: I tend to agree with you. Radial engines would be super cool but really aren't worth the effort with a pure car focus. I also agree that tanks are very different to cars and probably shouldn't be included as something you can make in this game.
However, during both world wars (and other smaller wars) it wasn't uncommon for car manufacturers to branch out into (or totally focus on) engines intended for use in tanks, aircraft and boats. Having that as an option would be very cool but it would require the contract system as it currently stands to undergo a fairly substantial overhaul (i think, maybe not that substantial? Eric?) so the game could set demand for certain components for sale to non-car manufacturers. It'd probably also necessitate having production of components to require factory capacity which I don't think it currently does.

All probably way too much work for now as you said. But maybe something to add to the list for future expansions? =)

Definitely something to think about in the future.
You made a good point about car manufacturers branching out into tank engines.

Im not sure how practical it is, as you say it really depends on how easy it would be to set up the demand for these engines.
That said, i dont think it would necessarily need component production, if Governments could be set up as special Company entities, you could put them on the current contract system, where they buy engines which are thrown into a black hole simulating demand.
Considering my lack of knowledge on how the game is designed, that's nothing more than a guess :S A good one i hope

I was going to write up a (probably long winded)description of an ideal contract system for this, but i dont want to entirely derail the thread off the radial engine discussion. Im probably already guilty of that though Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radial Engine Format Needs To Be Added To the Game - by Arakash - 01-29-2014, 04:28 AM