Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[FIXED]Radial Engine Format Needs To Be Added To the Game
Interesting idea, it sounds like something that would be an interesting addition in an expansion or perhaps modded in, depending on how many vehicles were made using that type of engine.
If you don't mind, it would be interesting to hear how many vehicles were made with those types of engines.

It looks like Eric has commented on this before, here is a link
http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=831
Ill copy paste it here anyway:
(10-09-2013, 05:55 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 12:21 AM)Arquibus Wrote: First, I've noticed some engine types and configurations to be missing. I looked in the xml and saw that some of what I thought was missing would come about later, and that is good and as it should be. But some things are still missing, notably Steam engines, the option for a W18 down the line, engines of an X configuration, rotary piston engines (different from the Wankel, which obviously is pistonless), Turbine engines, twincharging, maybe even electrocharging. All of these are things that have been experimented with throughout the history of the automobile, with varying success.

Some configurations appear when they do historically. Sadly I don't have the files in front of me so I can not look at them, but a good example would be the W engines. They weren't designed until the 90s if memory serves me correctly.

Other styles of engines and fuel types will probably be added at a later date. There are no guarantees however. That being said adding anything I miss is as simple as editing the xml file you found this info in. I've tried to make the game as easily modifiable as possible. Though I will admit it could be easier to mod.

Edit: I forgot to mention, im also really looking forward to the eventual implementation of fleets/governement contracts for engines as well as vehicles in general. It sounds like it would be interesting/fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radial Engine Format Needs To Be Added To the Game - by Arakash - 01-28-2014, 03:47 AM