Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Unofficial) FAQ
(01-15-2014, 11:08 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Not sure this the best thread to post in (so feel free to move that post somewhere it should fit best), but I would not suggest London as first (and best) location to start with.

I tried to start there in a new game, and well, it is so more difficult than to actually start in NYC.

As an example, I've been suffering many many (and many) months loosing profits in London between 1904 and 1910-1912. That is, I was loosing about $ 300K a month during that whole period (if I remember well, I think I had one month profits of about $ 4K)...

First thing is, I don't know if this is related to the game itself, but selling cars in London does not allow you to make profitable margins. At least, not as profitable as in NYC. My one-car strategy did not permit to sell more than x1.3 my production cost per vehicle. That is, $ 600 cost for a car sold between 800 and 900 at max! Of course, not to mention that my strategy was to sell more than 2-3 cars a month.

Second, as a proof of that, I'd say that relocating everything in the US at year 1912 (that is, closing all branches and factories and reopening it in the US) allowed me to make my first profitable month in many years, on the only second month there (Went from - $ 300k to $ 50K). Then, I also was able to produce (and obviously sell) more cars in the US. I went from merely 500 units a months in Europe (UK and France only) to nearly 1200 units per months selling in NYC, Philadelphia and Boston only, again, in a few months only (Let's say 3-4 months).

Again, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to say that. Willing to help here, please do not throw me rocks Wink

This is the right place for comments and feedback on the thread, they are very welcome.
To be honest im thrilled that someone has given some feedback, without any feedback i had no idea if this was terrible or useful.

I edited the FAQ to reflect the fact that its probably debatable which is better. But i kept in that my personal opinion is London is better.

Onto the discussion:
As i said in the FAQ,
The major reasons to choose London are:
- Lower tax - 10-15% lower, which means more profits going to you (obviously disabled in this version)
- Their population is higher(much higher), so more people to sell to
- Their per capita is higher, so theoretically you can put your prices marginally higher.

The more unclear differences between London and New york are:
- Higher infrastructure in NY (im unclear on this stats effects on sales, but it probably increases it)
-Body Style Demand - Compacts and Sedans tend to be great in Europe, but Pickups are king in the US
- Slightly higher manufacturing stats in NY and surrounding, but not overly significant differences in early game

Edit: The following was written about version 1.10, sales are lower in all cities due to various factors since, so these specific numbers are difficult to reach, but London, like NY remains a viable choice.

I can pretty easily be selling on average 1000 units in london per month by 1903. At least in 1.10.
Primarily compacts, but Sedans and the other more unreliable models (like touring and Phaeton) can also sell well.

Have you seen my before 1910 sales records thread, that is 95% London Smile The place is a massive black hole of vehicle demand even before 1910.
In 1907 i sold 20,375 compact cars in a single month, and 200,000 in a year 95% to London.
With that vehicle and 1-2 other models I made 25mil profit in a year doing so. Keep in mind, i wasn't even trying to make money, i was intentionally trying to sell as many vehicles as possible.
With a much higher margin, you could make an absolute fortune, even with reduced sales numbers.

I think both starts are easy - London or New York
But imo, London is probably easier.

Messages In This Thread
(Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 01-10-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 01-12-2014, 04:14 AM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Laurent Tommy Flanagann - 01-15-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 01-15-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 05-29-2014, 08:25 AM