Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Open Beta 1.04??!!
In 1.04 my goal was to "fix" the AI.

The AI has always had a few issues: the turns would take too long, the AI went out of business to quickly, and it was just plain weak.

If I made the AI stronger, the turns took longer. If I sped up the turns, the AI would be too week. It's an endless attempt to balance a seesaw.

Each tweak to the AI require stress testing. Which means the computer will play a zero human game to 1950. I then go over the data and tweak some more and start right over. Sometimes this takes 15 minutes, sometimes 3 hours... It's a long boring process.

I finally have the strength of the AI to the point I want it to be, but the turns still take longer than I want them to. Sad

So, I will be delaying 1.04 for a few weeks as I implement part of the new features I planned to do in 1.06 (Updated Factory System). This should help speed up a few bottle necks the AI has when building cars and shipping them. Hopefully! Smile

Sorry for the delay,
Discuss this here: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=446
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski