Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: Where is Open Beta 1.04??!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In 1.04 my goal was to "fix" the AI.

The AI has always had a few issues: the turns would take too long, the AI went out of business to quickly, and it was just plain weak.

If I made the AI stronger, the turns took longer. If I sped up the turns, the AI would be too week. It's an endless attempt to balance a seesaw.

Each tweak to the AI require stress testing. Which means the computer will play a zero human game to 1950. I then go over the data and tweak some more and start right over. Sometimes this takes 15 minutes, sometimes 3 hours... It's a long boring process.

I finally have the strength of the AI to the point I want it to be, but the turns still take longer than I want them to. Sad

So, I will be delaying 1.04 for a few weeks as I implement part of the new features I planned to do in 1.06 (Updated Factory System). This should help speed up a few bottle necks the AI has when building cars and shipping them. Hopefully! Smile

Sorry for the delay,
Discuss this here: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=446