Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[$1000] #155 | Trade Restrictions | Requires: #62
Price: $1000

Description: This bounty adds trade restrictions that limit what countries you can build and sell vehicles in, what countries you may purchase from other companies, what companies you can license/outsource from, etc.

Historical examples of this are the relations between USSR and NATO countries, the United States and Cuba, China and Taiwan, and North and South Korea.

If a player has operations in a country that later becomes trade restricted, we'll force those operations closed.

Requirements: #62

Required By: #154

Concerns: Presenting this information to the player will be difficult. We'll need to combine maps and city information to inform the player.

Handling trade restrictions on existing operations might be messy. We'll probably have to handle it with an action memo.

Eric's Opinion: This bounty is a logical step in the diplomatic relations system. Many times politics prevents the global proliferation of certain vehicle manufacturers. This system adds those politics to the game.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski