Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Logos
Would be nice to add logo somewhere from the game itself. Kind of like an upload feature. I suck at programming and don't understand the directions you gave... sorry, it's just me. I can do lots and lots and lots of graphics if you want to upload them.

LOTS. Smile
(01-05-2014, 12:23 PM)geozero Wrote: Would be nice to add logo somewhere from the game itself. Kind of like an upload feature. I suck at programming and don't understand the directions you gave... sorry, it's just me. I can do lots and lots and lots of graphics if you want to upload them.

LOTS. Smile

As the game gets closer to release, I'll be making a bunch of modding tools and tutorials. It should help ease the work in creating logos etc.

Anyhoo wait for those tools, make a logo mod, then upload it on to the forums and receive praise for your efforts! Great plan If you ask me! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-05-2014, 11:00 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(01-05-2014, 12:23 PM)geozero Wrote: Would be nice to add logo somewhere from the game itself. Kind of like an upload feature. I suck at programming and don't understand the directions you gave... sorry, it's just me. I can do lots and lots and lots of graphics if you want to upload them.

LOTS. Smile

As the game gets closer to release, I'll be making a bunch of modding tools and tutorials. It should help ease the work in creating logos etc.

Anyhoo wait for those tools, make a logo mod, then upload it on to the forums and receive praise for your efforts! Great plan If you ask me! Smile

What are the specs for the logos? I saw that size is 240x100 pixels. What is resolution? 72dpi or 300dpi?

I can make some pretty amazing stuff in Corel and Photoshop, but the size is so small. Any chance these could display a bit larger?
The specs are 240x100, DDS format. 72dpi

The problem is with larger logos is down sampling in smaller resolutions. i'd love to have 480x200 logos, but I don't think they'd play well with 1024x768 monitors Wink

You could probably make some larger stuff, but when you convert it to 240x100, dds, you'll lose some quality.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-09-2014, 09:37 AM)Eric.B Wrote: The specs are 240x100, DDS format. 72dpi

The problem is with larger logos is down sampling in smaller resolutions. i'd love to have 480x200 logos, but I don't think they'd play well with 1024x768 monitors Wink

You could probably make some larger stuff, but when you convert it to 240x100, dds, you'll lose some quality.

Yeah I made a couple of really cool logos but when I shrunk them down to the required size at 72dpi it looked like a blur. Will experiment a bit when I get a chance.