Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Logos
Will it be possible to import your own logos into the game, and will this feature be in the demo?

If so, what format, size and settings do I need to use?

Thanks.
I was considering running a few contest so that users can get their own logos made and put in the game. I just haven't gotten around to it.

To load your own logo you'll need to edit the QuickGUI sheet named "NGWorldMap.sheet". There you find the combobox "Combo_LogoSelector" and add a child widget for your logo (just copy and paste the ones that are there.) The text segment is the name of the file without the extension. The logo picture will need to be in added to the Logo.Zip file located in /media/logos/

Code:
                        ListTextItem ListTextItem1  //Change this to the next sequential number
                        {
                            AllottedWidth 0
                            DefaultColor 1 0 0 0
                            DefaultFont micross.12
                            HorizontalTextAlignment TEXT_ALIGNMENT_HORIZONTAL_LEFT
                            Index 0
                            Selected false
                            TextBrushFilterMode BRUSHFILTER_LINEAR
                            VerticalLineSpacing 2
                            VerticalTextAlignment TEXT_ALIGNMENT_VERTICAL_CENTER

Text segments
                            {
                                Segment0 micross.12 1 0 0 0 Bunnies //This needs to be the file name without the extension
                            }

Child Widgets
                            {
                            }

}

As the game gets closer to retail launch I'll probably make a wiki page and post information on how to mod the game.

Logos are in dds format, 256x128.

**EDIT NO LONGER DOING THIS**If you have any logos you want me to add to the game just upload them on here. You'll need to state their public domain or under a license which allows me to freely use them in commercial work. No words, must be original work, and can't be an exact copy of existing logos or liveries.**END EDIT**
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Ahhh.... I see. I'll keep that in mind.

The logo I have is actually a very specific one, to the company I am going to found, so I don't think I'd be able to share it.

Still, it's good to know the game is extensively moddable with things like this.
Alright, so I've decided I do have a logo to contribute, I have a dragon on the cover art for my album, and I got permission to use anything in the art for whatever purpose I want from the original artist (Jack Plunkett) a while back, I have taken the dragon's head, put it in a png file and will now hereby grant Visual Entertainment and Technologies the non-exclusive right to use the attached image for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial. They may also make amends to the image as needed without needing prior permission.

Signed,
James Knight

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-08-2013, 08:28 PM)NexxusDrako Wrote: The logo I have is actually a very specific one, to the company I am going to found, so I don't think I'd be able to share it.

What kind of company are you planning on founding?

(03-08-2013, 11:58 PM)NexxusDrako Wrote: Alright, so I've decided I do have a logo to contribute, I have a dragon on the cover art for my album, and I got permission to use anything in the art for whatever purpose I want from the original artist (Jack Plunkett) a while back, I have taken the dragon's head, put it in a png file and will now hereby grant Visual Entertainment and Technologies the non-exclusive right to use the attached image for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial. They may also make amends to the image as needed without needing prior permission.

Signed,
James Knight

Sweet thanks, I cleaned it up a little bit. Fixed some of the cell shading issues i think it had and added some anti-aliasing around the edges, hope you like it. That being said, you brought up your album and didn't link us to it! Never miss a good opportunity to self promote sir! biggrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Oh... I didn't really wanna sound like a spammer. lol

It looks really good in the game, thank you!

Anyway, I will give you a link.

Stories of My Life is the name of the album.
(03-11-2013, 05:28 PM)NexxusDrako Wrote: Oh... I didn't really wanna sound like a spammer. lol

It's pretty good. I think you sound best inside your natural range. "My Time to Rise" and "Don't Crash" are good examples of your natural range. I think you should try some Bob Dylan songs like, "Tombstone Blues" or "Ballad of a Thin Man", I think your voice and singing range would work great for these type of songs. Just my opinion. Smile
(03-12-2013, 12:06 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(03-11-2013, 05:28 PM)NexxusDrako Wrote: Oh... I didn't really wanna sound like a spammer. lol

It's pretty good. I think you sound best inside your natural range. "My Time to Rise" and "Don't Crash" are good examples of your natural range. I think you should try some Bob Dylan songs like, "Tombstone Blues" or "Ballad of a Thin Man", I think your voice and singing range would work great for these type of songs. Just my opinion. Smile

Why thank you! I've been writing a few more, but I might try those songs you've reccomended.

Again, thank you. Smile
Sorry to bump an old thread, but it seems that the logos are not in png format, instead being dds. Just thought I'd add that for people interested.
Yea, we had to change format because of crashes FreeImage was causing. DDS is a native format and much more stable in the game... There are a few bugs we're still trying to work out (fuzzy images) but all in all it's been pretty good...

Anyhoo If you have photoshop nvidia makes a dds plugin, If you use gimp there is a plugin, and if you have neither, there is a tool called dds converter, which is pretty easy to use.

Eventually I'll set up a little mod area that will explain how to do all this stuff in detail. Smile