Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.18 Progress
(03-11-2015, 06:54 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: sounds bloody ripper!

Is it too late to make suggestions for the licensing system? I'm thinking it'd be cool if you could make long term supply deals between companies. Kinda like Lotus and Toyota have.

I've got the system thought up in my mind, but I have not implemented it yet. So no, it's not too late for suggestions on the licensing system. I'm all ears... or eyes.

Please note in the future we'll also have contracting system working with AI companies as well. They're different things.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(03-11-2015, 08:08 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(03-11-2015, 06:54 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: sounds bloody ripper!

Is it too late to make suggestions for the licensing system? I'm thinking it'd be cool if you could make long term supply deals between companies. Kinda like Lotus and Toyota have.

I've got the system thought up in my mind, but I have not implemented it yet. So no, it's not too late for suggestions on the licensing system. I'm all ears... or eyes.

Please note in the future we'll also have contracting system working with AI companies as well. They're different things.

Any chance you can give us some hints about what you have planned? sounds like you might already be going to do what I'm thinking (and yes, what I'm thinking is probably more contracts than licences).
Licensing is just what it is. You licenses the right to manufacture a component or vehicle. Mainly the code needs to be cleaned up, royalties need to be drastically reduced and there needs to be more of a lump sum payment.

Contracting is the opposite. You have someone else manufacture the component/vehicle for you OR you manufacture a component for someone else. The later would occur in the current contracting system. The former I have not fully thought out the best way to handle this. It won't be for 1.18 however. So no rush.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I am super excited for 1.1.8! Do you have an idea of how much longer until its out?
(03-13-2015, 05:07 PM)cobrryse Wrote: I am super excited for 1.1.8! Do you have an idea of how much longer until its out?

My goal was to get 1.18 out by the end of the month, but a few things have slowed down its progress again. That being said, we'll get a 1.17.8 build out to "Testing" Branch by the end of the month which will have all the changes up to that date.
Finished a redesign of the New Model Year and Trim system. The GUI is slightly different. The main feature is costs have now been greatly reduced. If you replace no vehicle components a new model year or trim will costs you 15% of development costs. Changing the chassis will result in 100% of development costs, Changing the engine is 25%, and just changing the gearbox is 20%. This also effect development time.

I do have a list of 7 minor things to clean up with the new modification system and then I should be done with it and moving on to the redesign of the Assisted designer system.

-New Model Year and Trim Cost and Time reduction.
-New Vehicle Modification GUI.
(03-14-2015, 12:22 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Finished a redesign of the New Model Year and Trim system. The GUI is slightly different. The main feature is costs have now been greatly reduced. If you replace no vehicle components a new model year or trim will costs you 15% of development costs. Changing the chassis will result in 100% of development costs, Changing the engine is 25%, and just changing the gearbox is 20%. This also effect development time.

I do have a list of 7 minor things to clean up with the new modification system and then I should be done with it and moving on to the redesign of the Assisted designer system.

-New Model Year and Trim Cost and Time reduction.
-New Vehicle Modification GUI.

Sounds Great! I love having a whole bunch of trims for my vehicles, so this is right up my alley!
I had to take a couple days off, but here is what I've gotten done:
When building a vehicle, you are given a check box to create additional trims for the vehicle.
Implemented OpenAL Software drivers and have made them default on all windows machines. (Hopefully this will fix multiple sound card crashing)
Cleaned up the last few remaining bugs I have marked down for the trims.

I have just started on the Assisted Designer redesign. Once I have completed that I'll probably make the announcement for 1.17.8, and start cleaning up the game getting ready for that release to testing.
Halem111 I moved your post to its own thread: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2621
Redesign of the Assisted Component system is complete.
In addition to the redesigned GUI you can now
-Select and override subcomponents for your design.
-Select a chassis to make sure your assisted engine design fits. (The game will try to make your engine fit in the chassis. If it is unable to do so, it will warn you.)
-Select an engine to design your assisted chassis around. ( Game will try to design your chassis where it can fit the selected engine in it. It will warn you if unable to.)
-Select an engine to design a gearbox to. (Game will warn you if Max Torque Input rating is lower than Engine Torque.)

I still have to do the Assisted Vehicle designer. And 5 smaller tickets before I make the announcement and do some playthroughs to make sure everything is good for a 1.17.8 release to testing branch...