Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halem111's Bug List
Hey Eric
I have now played 100 glorious hours of this game. Thankyou for the awesome challenging tycoon game that this is.

I have been only playing 1980 onwards so far

I have a few things for you

1. Berlin in 1980 the income of the city is lower than the rest of germany, and being the capital city i assume it would be the same or a little bit more. Unless it was munich that was the captial in 1980 my history isnt entirely up to scratch.

2. what is the characteristics that make a great hatchback
this is what i have so far from just researching other companies hatchbacks
- good durability, ok safety, good luxury, ok cargo space.
the computer always has 100 durability and luxury, but it takes like 10 years to catch up to their standards and put it in an affordable car that matches their prices.

i know this is going to be easier to see in 1.8 apparently there is a file somewhere that says the values - would be interesting to look at -where is that?

3. when adding new branches, you have to go through this procedure to set them up.
it would be nice for an apply to all button like there is now, but rather than selecting each one individually have a button to say all copy everything about my main branch from prices to marketing.

4. what is the quickest way to increase skill in making cars
my strategy goes like this
- put some money in research dev like 1/3 amount then later put it up to full
- release a low value car nearly every year
- in between i make a car that has lots of complexity and design ie an expensive one with everything high that i dont intend to sell but i think it helps to increase my skills.
- then after this expensive one my cheap one has similar qualities at 1/3 the cost
- sometimes i do racing but the racing part really doesnt seem to translate very well in terms of what it is doing for me other than wasting my money

5. racing menu - omg there is like 100 races i need to scroll through every time
this needs a couple of things
- the races i am entered in - i want a menu so i can quickly see them without going through a massive list
- a selection menu for certain cars, ie i have a compact car- i want to quickly see which competitons use the compact car rather than go through every race type to find out

6. can the car maker have an auto fill option to auto put wheels mirrors lights and everything else on, like for example whatever the latest tires mirrors lights are they are placed automatically on the car. it does my head in doing every time i create a car.

7. i think there needs to be some work around the stocks
- if i decide to sell my shares in my company for money, the computer should be more aggressive in buying them so it punishes me for selling them and makes it a risk reward.

- my stock value should consider my stock portfolio to, its silly to have a company value of 100mill because my company is 200mill in debt and not making much profit - BUT i have 10billion in stock value - makes the stocks very abusable.

8. i think its too easy to make a ton of money to begin with literally just ploughing all my profit into stocks at the beginning of the game. because these 1billion worth companies at the beginning are going to be several billion in 10 years and they go from 1 bill to 5-10 very quickly.
this makes sense i guess if i start in 1900 when new companies are being formed. But in 1980 someone like ford who has been around years should be already worth 20 billion and i can put my money with ford and maybe earn a couple percent regulary because of steady growth. Or i could risk it a bit with a smaller company and make 5-10%
right now i just stick my money in someone like ANC and i get 5-10% nearly every turn for like 10 years and my originaly 200mill is now 10 bill

9. when i start in 1980 and there is no cars being sold on the market even though the car industry has been going for 80 years is annoying. I should be entering a world market full of established companies that i have to beat, not all start our companies in 1980 when i start mine.

10. your awesome, i saw your story in another post, how you have spent your 20's doing this. I thank you so much its the game i have been looking for, for so long - one that actually has acurate economics.
here is a little tip i learned from rich people - LEVERAGE
you now have some money from the sales, find some good people to take some work off your hands, so you can live life a tiny bit - god dude you deserve it. Have some cake Smile

sorry forgot these couple

11. its annoying to have to go to the garage to change r&d levels, and also to stop production of cars when i want to finish production. it feels like an extra menu and 5 second wait when i should be able to do it on the options menu with everything on it.

12. on the end production of vehicles the order needs to be better probably by year made, because i have accidently ended production of 1985 model instead of 1983. also on the engine, chassis, gearbox end production should be labelled of which one are being used and probably dated so i know which one to end production with.
(03-22-2015, 09:34 AM)halem111 Wrote: Hey Eric
I have now played 100 glorious hours of this game. Thankyou for the awesome challenging tycoon game that this is.

Glad you're enjoying it.

Please next time post this in its own thread. The Progress thread is for my progress not bugs/feedback lists. If you post things like this in there it will get lost. Whereas in it's own thread and I can keep track of it and reply directly to it.

Quote:1. Berlin in 1980 the income of the city is lower than the rest of germany, and being the capital city i assume it would be the same or a little bit more. Unless it was munich that was the captial in 1980 my history isnt entirely up to scratch.

Berlin was part of East Germany, which was a Soviet Satellite state until the early 1990s. Conditions there were so bad that they had to build a wall to keep people in!

Under communist rule Berlin's wealth did not grow as quickly as the rest of Germany. Thus why in 1980 it has a lower per capita than the rest of Germany.

In modern times this has changed. Berlin has grown quite a bit in the late 90s/00s. A quick glance at wikipedia shows that the State of Berlin is 7th in per capita. I Believe in the later years of the game they reach near the same level as the rest of the cities in Germany.

Quote:2. what is the characteristics that make a great hatchback
this is what i have so far from just researching other companies hatchbacks
- good durability, ok safety, good luxury, ok cargo space.
the computer always has 100 durability and luxury, but it takes like 10 years to catch up to their standards and put it in an affordable car that matches their prices.

Which build are you playing? 1.17 or 1.17.5?

1.17.8 will have detailed ratings on screen for what is recommended when designing a vehicle.

Quote:i know this is going to be easier to see in 1.8 apparently there is a file somewhere that says the values - would be interesting to look at -where is that?
Check the components.xml file located in /media/scripts folder. In 1.17 it will be two primary values, in 1.17.5 it will be a list of all the variables with a 0 to 1 value of importance.

Quote:3. when adding new branches, you have to go through this procedure to set them up.
it would be nice for an apply to all button like there is now, but rather than selecting each one individually have a button to say all copy everything about my main branch from prices to marketing.
Currently there is a "Adjust/Add to All" button which will assign prices and vehicles to all your branches. In the Mega Menu, under marketing you can set marking budget for all your branches in a few clicks as well...

In 1.19 we will be implementing Country & Districting grouping. This will allow you to manage multiple factories or branches as one.

Quote:4. what is the quickest way to increase skill in making cars
In order of importance:
Design better cars (Overall rating and Design Requirements) than your skill level.
Max out your research budget.
Any racing you do, develop instead of win.

At best you will only gain a few tenths a year.

Quote:5. racing menu - omg there is like 100 races i need to scroll through every time
this needs a couple of things
- the races i am entered in - i want a menu so i can quickly see them without going through a massive list
- a selection menu for certain cars, ie i have a compact car- i want to quickly see which competitons use the compact car rather than go through every race type to find out
Filters are coming. I believe I have them marked down for 1.20 or 1.21.

Quote:6. can the car maker have an auto fill option to auto put wheels mirrors lights and everything else on, like for example whatever the latest tires mirrors lights are they are placed automatically on the car. it does my head in doing every time i create a car.
Unfortunately we would have to redo all the vehicle artwork in the game in order to have auto placement. This is not going to happen. Toward the end of development I will spend a few days to see if we can make some sort of work around to this.

That being said. You do not have to place tires/mirrors etc on the vehicle. Just select a body and hit finished if you do not wish to play with the body designer. In the future we will have a premade list of vehicles to choose from. We're just waiting on all the artwork to be finished before we add these to the game.

Quote:7. i think there needs to be some work around the stocks
- if i decide to sell my shares in my company for money, the computer should be more aggressive in buying them so it punishes me for selling them and makes it a risk reward.

- my stock value should consider my stock portfolio to, its silly to have a company value of 100mill because my company is 200mill in debt and not making much profit - BUT i have 10billion in stock value - makes the stocks very abusable.

Fixes to the stock market are slated for 1.20 I believe. Check the Roadmap for the exact version.

Quote:8. i think its too easy to make a ton of money to begin with literally just ploughing all my profit into stocks at the beginning of the game. because these 1billion worth companies at the beginning are going to be several billion in 10 years and they go from 1 bill to 5-10 very quickly.
this makes sense i guess if i start in 1900 when new companies are being formed. But in 1980 someone like ford who has been around years should be already worth 20 billion and i can put my money with ford and maybe earn a couple percent regulary because of steady growth. Or i could risk it a bit with a smaller company and make 5-10%
right now i just stick my money in someone like ANC and i get 5-10% nearly every turn for like 10 years and my originaly 200mill is now 10 bill

First off be sure you're playing against full AI and on hard.

Established data for companies older than yours is slated to be added to the game at the same time Random History is. I believe these are slated for 1.22? Check the Roadmap for details.

Currently in the game everyone starts out equally except for money and skills. The above will be an advance game option when it's added.

Quote:9. when i start in 1980 and there is no cars being sold on the market even though the car industry has been going for 80 years is annoying. I should be entering a world market full of established companies that i have to beat, not all start our companies in 1980 when i start mine.
See answer to question #8.

Quote:10. your awesome, i saw your story in another post, how you have spent your 20's doing this. I thank you so much its the game i have been looking for, for so long - one that actually has acurate economics.

Thanks for the kind words. My butt and back don't think it's that awesome though! biggrin

Quote:here is a little tip i learned from rich people - LEVERAGE
you now have some money from the sales, find some good people to take some work off your hands, so you can live life a tiny bit - god dude you deserve it. Have some cake Smile
Income from GC is enough to keep me and MrX_ua working on the project. If I hired more people it would be unprofitable. Wink Also managing people is a full time job in and of it self. Easier to just do it all my self I think. biggrin

Quote:11. its annoying to have to go to the garage to change r&d levels, and also to stop production of cars when i want to finish production. it feels like an extra menu and 5 second wait when i should be able to do it on the options menu with everything on it.
In what menu do you think it should be in? Mega Menu is the only place I could see adding it to. But you'll notice no research options are there. It's all in the research department.

Quote:12. on the end production of vehicles the order needs to be better probably by year made, because i have accidently ended production of 1985 model instead of 1983. also on the engine, chassis, gearbox end production should be labelled of which one are being used and probably dated so i know which one to end production with.

With the GUI redesign, I have more room to add filters. It's not added yet, but when it is you should be able to sort the lists anyway you want.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Quote:11. its annoying to have to go to the garage to change r&d levels, and also to stop production of cars when i want to finish production. it feels like an extra menu and 5 second wait when i should be able to do it on the options menu with everything on it.
In what menu do you think it should be in? Mega Menu is the only place I could see adding it to. But you'll notice no research options are there. It's all in the research department.

maybe the stopping production of cars/parts could be on the phone menu

or maybe where there are multiple options to do stuff like stop selling vehicle in branches and stop factory production part of the mega menu, an option to stop production of the cars would work there as a shortcut