Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bundle Stars Bundle
Wheeee.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Nice. I don't even want to imagine how little of these profits will trickle down to you - but sales are sales nonetheless. And exposing more people to GC certainly won't hurt! Fingers crossed that you'll break even (+x) yet!
One of the comments on the post at Bundle Stars' Facebook page:

Michael Watt:
"How about you check out the reviews on steam before bashing the bundle? Some early access games are good & worth the cash. Kerbal space program, assetto corsa, starbound, space engineers, that names just a few.

Gearcity is probably the best in this bundle, to me at least."

Might be that you're slowly carving a good reputation for your game Smile
(09-30-2014, 04:58 PM)freeman2344 Wrote: Nice. I don't even want to imagine how little of these profits will trickle down to you - but sales are sales nonetheless. And exposing more people to GC certainly won't hurt! Fingers crossed that you'll break even (+x) yet!

I answered this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/commen...ss/ckwvgpk

It's not much, but lets say for every 1 person that would buy my game, 5 more people buy that normally wouldn't. Then I actually make more money than I otherwise would. Granted, that all depends on how many customers the other games pull in. (And the hope my keys don't end up for sale greatly discounted, which will probably happen.)

In a few months I might roll out a blog or something. I've been told I need to do it before. I never do it though because my spelling/grammar is horrible. Anyhoo I'll do a year in review, show my financials, and maybe some inside-dev stuff for you guys. Wink You guys are probably just as much of number nerds as I am, I'm sure you're curious how many copies I sold! Tongue

(09-30-2014, 05:15 PM)Tridon Wrote: One of the comments on the post at Bundle Stars' Facebook page:

Michael Watt:
"How about you check out the reviews on steam before bashing the bundle? Some early access games are good & worth the cash. Kerbal space program, assetto corsa, starbound, space engineers, that names just a few.

Gearcity is probably the best in this bundle, to me at least."

Might be that you're slowly carving a good reputation for your game Smile

Woo I didn't know they had a facebook, guess I oughta saunter over there answer questions, or at least read it.

The real problem will be the people who play the game who are not fans of this type of game/niche. They will probably give it negative reviews, thus pulling my steam reviews rate down. Keeping the reviews up is probably the most important thing in keeping the long tail of the game wagging...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Beware. Many seem to be angry at early access games in general, so there is quite a lot of bile and acid in some of the comments. Not towards GC in particular, but early access in general. Drag out your inner costumer support spirit before reading.
(09-30-2014, 05:50 PM)Tridon Wrote: Beware. Many seem to be angry at early access games in general, so there is quite a lot of bile and acid in some of the comments. Not towards GC in particular, but early access in general. Drag out your inner costumer support spirit before reading.

Oh trust me, it's not that bad. Tongue

I've had GC directly chewed out, or even worse, me chewed out for being crap before. Wink
(09-30-2014, 05:50 PM)Tridon Wrote: Beware. Many seem to be angry at early access games in general, so there is quite a lot of bile and acid in some of the comments. Not towards GC in particular, but early access in general. Drag out your inner costumer support spirit before reading.

Yeah, there are some real characters out there. Especially on Steam. Thankfully, the genre and general outline of GC usually repels these types from the start - so they won't even buy it and therefore can't flame on the store page afterwards.