Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to improve image?
So I went from Fantastic in image to Abysmal in about 2 months. Granted I had some old car models selling still (couldn't produce enough of them so I didn't stop making them yet) and I wasn't racing, but I thought that was quite the extreme drop (and sales went from 100% sold every month to about 10%). I redesigned everything, and sales went back up for a few months but the image ranking never changed. Started racing, and kept redesigning models often (every year or so) but the only way I could keep sales is by staggering those and I never returned to the level before the image dropped.

Now with 1.15.4 it doesn't matter for my old game, but I wanted to see how the rest of you improve image once it drops for whatever reason.

Thanks!
There is currently some issues with the Image ratings.
That being said, the best way to improve image is to make good components/vehicles, and market.

The reason you probably dropped from Fantastic to Abysmal is because the reports are relative to other companies in the game. So lets say you're at 10/100 rating, and you're in the upper tier of companies in 1910, you'll be at Fantastic, but the next year an AI company starts with 50/100 rating. You're now much worse than the AI company, thus you go to Abysmal...

The main thing is, the actual numbers do not change. And behind the scenes, that's what matters.

I have a fix for this planned for 1.16 (the next patch) as racing effects many of the image points, so I'll take care of both at the same time.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Is it possible to have the report just show our numbers rather than (or in addition too) worlds? Maybe show both? So in the previous example it would display our value as 10/50 because we are 10 and the best in the field is 50.
I don't see this as particularly unrealistic. It's very common for reviews irl to rate things numerically anyway.
I think Frankschtaldt's wish is a good one. I might be going out on a tangent now (sorry Dave-ROR). This game has a LOT of data and information (to put it mildly) and there are some problems players bump into due to a lack of data shown to us. It's hard to balance what data to show, before it gets too much, or without showing data that will make success "too easy" to reach.

This isn't meant as grumpy and negative nagging Eric (even though I really make it seem that way). It's just that we see quite often that there isn't always enough info/data show to us during different stages of play. And once again I must point out that this is a hard balance to get right. I do not know how to make it better in general, other than small specific examples like the one Frankschtaldt mentioned in his post.
(09-16-2014, 10:27 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Is it possible to have the report just show our numbers rather than (or in addition too) worlds? Maybe show both? So in the previous example it would display our value as 10/50 because we are 10 and the best in the field is 50.
I don't see this as particularly unrealistic. It's very common for reviews irl to rate things numerically anyway.

People will complain about numbers, that's why it's text to begin with.
I mean, seriously, you want to sort through 1200 floating point numbers on a report? Just to figure out if your brand's perception is decent?

The numbers are irreverent for this sort of data. I believe text descriptions work perfectly fine in this case. I just need to fix the way I weight the values. Which I'm doing right this second.

Quote:This isn't meant as grumpy and negative nagging Eric (even though I really make it seem that way). It's just that we see quite often that there isn't always enough info/data show to us during different stages of play. And once again I must point out that this is a hard balance to get right. I do not know how to make it better in general, other than small specific examples like the one Frankschtaldt mentioned in his post.

Please be sure to ~POST~ in the forums where you believe you don't have enough data. The only way I can fix your issues with the game is if I know about them. For me personally, I don't see a lack of information anywhere other than a few things I plan to address in the RnD designers.

So I rely on your suggestions to make choices and improvements.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(09-17-2014, 02:09 PM)Eric.B Wrote: People will complain about numbers, that's why it's text to begin with.
I mean, seriously, you want to sort through 1200 floating point numbers on a report? Just to figure out if your brand's perception is decent?

The numbers are irreverent for this sort of data. I believe text descriptions work perfectly fine in this case. I just need to fix the way I weight the values. Which I'm doing right this second.

Is it possible to have two versions or the report to cater to both groups because I'd MUCH rather the numbers.
(09-17-2014, 05:40 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(09-17-2014, 02:09 PM)Eric.B Wrote: People will complain about numbers, that's why it's text to begin with.

Is it possible to have two versions or the report to cater to both groups because I'd MUCH rather the numbers.

I can't please everyone all the time, as you can see in the picture, pure numbers are hard to read in this case as all the numbers are pretty close together.

Also the numbers mean absolutely nothing. It's not a metric since they are relative to each other.

So I will be keeping this worded. If you still wish to discuss this, please create a new thread, and stop throwing this one off topic! Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)