Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.15 Progress
Significant progress has been made on the decal system. Other than updating the car saving format and a few quarks/bugs the system is ready for public use. Of course, you'll have to wait until 1.15 before we release it. Gotta get artwork for it...

I will finish updating the save/load format tonight and hopefully work on a few bugs/suggestions Saturday. I am not sure if I will release 1.14.9 Sunday or not. I'm leaning toward not, and saving it for a good sized release next Friday with 1.15 coming out the following on Wednesday. Although don't quote me on that.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Decals are now implemented in the saving/loading car format. Took a little longer than expected, but I got it working.

I will now switch to suggestions, bugs, and general testing/clean up of the decal system. 1.14.9 should be ready for Friday afternoon (Eastern USA time.) Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Is 1.14.9 the save game changing update? biggrin
(07-26-2014, 02:49 PM)Tridon Wrote: Is 1.14.9 the save game changing update? biggrin

Yes, as the decals require 2 additional columns inside the save games and I might do 1 or 2 bugs/suggestions that require db changes before next friday.
4 more days until I'm back to full time programming...

Here's what I did last night and tonight:
-Fixed unnamed car built randomly bug (due to hitting assign without selecting a car on the production screen.)
-Fixed auto-production of vehicles that have been "ended production" yet still have demand due to branches.
-Fixed or at least improved the New Zealand map issue. This may cause other map issues, but these will have to be fixed when I add/remove cities in the coming months.
-Fixed GUI bug that allowed for selecting cities on the world map when you hit buttons on the city information window.

These changes will be included in the 1.14.9 patch due Friday-ish
Good news, I'm officially retired as a teacher. Which means I'm back to working on GearCity full time! This means bugs and features should be fixed at a much faster pace.

Been a while since I updated, so here is what has been fixed/added:
-Fixed Vsync Issue when new videoconfig.xml file is written
-Fixed Blank Save game bug (It will now name it Blank.db)
-Fixed Apply bug in Summary which was causing bore and stroke to decrease.
-Starting production of a vehicle with 0-assigned lines that has local reserves will now inherent reserved shipping distance.
-Adjusted Factory costs and lines to make bigger factories cheaper on a per car biases. (Currently I'm debating on redoing the entire system to allow users to manually select how many lines they want and tech level.)

Anyhoo, I'm building 1.14.9 right now. Assuming no major issues, it should be up on steam in a few hours. 1.15 should not take too much time as it is mainly me moving the decal system to the game states and then including all the artwork! So stay tuned! Smile
Goody gumdrops! Yay!
1.14.9 is out! Enjoy Smile
Sweet! Has this update been pushed to the stable branch?
(08-01-2014, 03:29 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Sweet! Has this update been pushed to the stable branch?

No stable will probably be updated to 1.15 in 3 or 4 weeks.
You can always switch back to default branch and start a new game. Tongue