Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.15 Progress
(07-12-2014, 11:44 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Patch has been pushed!

With Steam, the game should automatically update, shouldn't it?

Where can we see the build number that we're playing on?
Watch me play Gear City!

Root Negative Gaming on YouTube
(07-13-2014, 08:54 PM)-root Wrote:
(07-12-2014, 11:44 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Patch has been pushed!

With Steam, the game should automatically update, shouldn't it?

Where can we see the build number that we're playing on?

Steam should automagically update. Some users have reported problems updating.

The only place that has the actual version number is in the save games. Make a new game, then upload it to me on here or via email and i'll tell you what version it is.

Alternatively you can verify steam files. It should force a download if it has to.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Been a few days since I updated progress. I have been rather busy teaching, but only 8 more teaching days left! Which means I'll be back full time programming on GC in 14 days!

Over the week I continued working on the Decal System. Very little work left to it until it's ready to go live. Doesn't mean it's perfect, just good enough for you to try.

This morning I started working on some major bugs preventing people from playing the game. Which means we should have a hotfix in a few hours.

-Fixed crash looking at 'All Time Sales Chart' in the first year of game play.
-Fixed South Korea map crash when starting game in 1980s.
-Fixed Sim turn overload when bankrupting.
-Fixed AI infinite loop.
-Fixed 0 local reserves when production lines are set to 0.

I'll probably go through the rest of the day and tomorrow doing bugs and minor suggestions. Then Sunday-Friday finish the Decal system for our 1.14.9 release.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Spent this evening organizing threads. Steam's general suggestions has been sorted and all but three threads in the suggestions forums has been "ticketed"

I'll start going through this forum probably Sunday. I have a lot of stuff in suggestions that i need to purge as they have been implemented in one way or another.
Here's what I took care of this morning:
-Change red font to pinkish when building factories.
-Auto Mirror CheckBox.
-Click Placement set as Default.
-More detailed union contractual delinquency memos.
-Cities with low moral now listed in red in HR department.
-HR Marketing Moral is now shows on the page.

I'm going to spend the next few hours organizing the suggestions threads.
-Changes to WW1 and WW2 conflict statuses.
Eagerly awaiting the update that will kill the old savegames. Been waiting ages to start a new game now Tongue
Me too!
and looking forward to decals too
Gotta slap mrx_ua around and get him to make some decals...
Work continues on the decal system. Artist has started pumping out lights. I've been trying to get rotation to work. Hit a little snag in doing so, hopefully I can get it resolved quickly so we can get 1.14.9 out on time.

I've only got a week left of teaching, then I'll be back full time on GC, and working at my normal pace.