Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]1.16.2 Contract report bug
I've noticed that the report that tells you there's new contracts available doesn't match with the actual number of contracts available.

I have a report telling me there's over a dozen contracts available to bid on but there's only three listed.

See attached screen.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Read the last sentence on that memo, "We may not be able to bid on all of these due to geographical limitations." If you don't have branches in Tokyo or San Jose, you're not going to be able to bid on their civilian fleet services.

So not a bug, but since this is the 2nd post like this, something I should look at.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Perhaps change the wording to be a little more specific: "Please note that you are required to have a branch in the appropriate city or country to be able to bid on these contracts"?
One way to make this visually clearer to the player, is by highlighting the lines of the contracts you can actually bid on at that moment. Just a slight change in colour along with a text akin to what Frankschtaldt wrote.

"Projects where all requirements needed to be able to make a bid are met, are highlighted in screaming neon pink."

Edit: Just to be sure. Leaving the unavailable projects still listed might work as a good incentive to branch out and expand. When I play I tend to be forgetful (and lazy) so I end up using ages to expand geographically.
(11-04-2014, 07:45 AM)Tridon Wrote: One way to make this visually clearer to the player, is by highlighting the lines of the contracts you can actually bid on at that moment. Just a slight change in colour along with a text akin to what Frankschtaldt wrote.

"Projects where all requirements needed to be able to make a bid are met, are highlighted in screaming neon pink."
That would be a little bit hard with the existing code. Our GUI lib isn't that good. :\

Quote:Edit: Just to be sure. Leaving the unavailable projects still listed might work as a good incentive to branch out and expand. When I play I tend to be forgetful (and lazy) so I end up using ages to expand geographically.

That was mainly the point. Maybe I should break the memo down into 2 parts. Top part are the ones you can bid on, the bottom part are the ones you can't.

This stuff needs to go in the suggestion forum Tongue
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Forgot to mark this one as fixed. The new system breaks up the contracts into two groups. The top one you can apply for, the bottom ones are just there.