Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[???]Funds bug?
I'm not sure what happened here but this is a bug for sure.
I've been hovering around the $5-10M mark in this game for a while, slowly growing when all of a sudden I realized that I somehow had -$10M!!! I went forward a few turns to make sure it wasn't just a display error but my debt was decreasing so it's definitely a negative value. So, I've somehow lost $20M somewhere.

I went back through my notifications and the attached image is the last monthly loss I can find. It was when I did a bit of re-tooling of factories and branches.

I can't actually find where the save files are kept or I'd attach that too.
Let me know where to find it and I'll supply it =)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ill save Eric some work here and answer the save file one.
The current reccommended method of accessing save files is to go to the Start menu- Gearcity folder.
There should be a link in there called "Gearcity Data Folder"
There is a folder in there called "SaveGames".

Its also no16 in my unofficial FAQ if you are having trouble following this explanation.

You will have to put the save file in a zip or rar to upload it, as the forums dont like save files for some reason.
Thanks for that, I found it... but I can't compress it..... I keep getting an "access denied" message.
I'm too tired to deal with this atm. Going to bed. If you know the answer, post it here and i'll sort it our when I get up.
Otherwise, I'll download WinRAR and do it with that.... in the morning =)

Night night!
(02-05-2014, 06:52 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Thanks for that, I found it... but I can't compress it..... I keep getting an "access denied" message.
I'm too tired to deal with this atm. Going to bed. If you know the answer, post it here and i'll sort it our when I get up.

Night night!
Ive run into that before.
Just make a copy with a different name then try compressing it.
I think it has something to do with the fact the game is accessing it. Usually you don't get this kind of message if the game isn't running, but sometimes i still do.
(02-05-2014, 07:09 AM)Arakash Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 06:52 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Thanks for that, I found it... but I can't compress it..... I keep getting an "access denied" message.

Night night!
I think it has something to do with the fact the game is accessing it. Usually you don't get this kind of message if the game isn't running, but sometimes i still do.

Moving it to a different folder and changing it's name was one of the first things I tried.
I even tried again this morning after reading your answer thinking that maybe having done a re-boot the computer would stop sucking. Still no good!!!

But, WinRAR did the trick =)

Save attached!

Attached Files
.rar   Save.rar (Size: 1.22 MB / Downloads: 446)
(02-05-2014, 02:11 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 07:09 AM)Arakash Wrote:

Night night!

Moving it to a different folder and changing it's name was one of the first things I tried.
I even tried again this morning after reading your answer thinking that maybe having done a re-boot the computer would stop sucking. Still no good!!!

But, WinRAR did the trick =)

Save attached!
For future reference.
I didn't mean renaming the file, i meant copying the file, then renaming the copy (its probably named copy already anyway).
I do this basically every time, which is why all my bug report saves are named copy Smile
LOL. That's exactly how I read it and it's what I did.
I did find one bug that would cause you to lose money that the AI should actually be losing... But it's a minor amount.

Other than that I couldn't find anything that would make you lose 20million...

If this happens again please upload the save game the turn you notice it on. I need the expense data which overwrites every turn...

*Edit* The only other possibility is that you had a tax audit... but that should of fired a memo, which I don't see.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I've had this happen to me again. In the same save as the missing factory I just posted about at about the same time. Went from $24M in the bank to $18M in dept!
Happened to me earlier when I had auto retool ticked. Went from 50m in black to 26m in debt ! Just dont tick auto retool.