Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of suggestions
(01-24-2023, 03:23 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Thank you for signing up for the FBS. I forgot to include in the PM I sent the link to the hidden forums: https://www.ventdev.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46

Quote:this is a while (more than one year for sure) I am playing GearCity, and I really like it very much.  Smile
It's an incredibly complex and progressive simulation, with so many parameters that every story is different. Great !

I'm glad you're enjoying the game, and I hope you get many more years out of it.

For sure, I'll be fine with this game during a long time !  biggrin

Quote:
Quote:- the typing zone where to enter the version of a new built model is too short : only 6 characters, but it frequently needs more... i.e. 12 or 18 would be very nice. Possible ?

The game currently uses fix-width columns for lists because the game's GUI library lacks multi-column list boxes or tables. Because of the fixed width requirement, we have to have a maximum number of characters for names. Otherwise the name would overflow into other columns when making lists, or worse, the name would push the important information off the screen.

If memory serves me, I fixed the vehicle names to 42 characters. That limit is split between the Year, Marque, Model, and Trim.

Bounty #300 Would add multi-column lists boxes to the game. And then Bounty #302 would have me replace all fixed-column with the new multi-column lists.

At that point, character limits could be removed from lists, as lengthy text should wrap.

Understood. If I'm right, it's just a financial clue which can help to improve this point.
Just before joining the forum, I made a donation, but maybe this won't be enough to solve !  biggrin

Anyhow, thanx a lot for having replied very quickly to this topic !  Smile
Matford V8 Mod.62 - 1936

Messages In This Thread
Couple of suggestions - by Overseas - 01-24-2023, 02:07 PM
RE: Couple of suggestions - by Eric.B - 01-24-2023, 03:23 PM
RE: Couple of suggestions - by Overseas - 01-24-2023, 04:28 PM
RE: Couple of suggestions - by Eric.B - 01-24-2023, 07:53 PM