Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[$400] #218 | End Production Mk2
(03-23-2024, 10:29 PM)JC_Denton Wrote: Thus, my proposal for components:

An option to mass-retire all engines/gearboxes/chassis of a certain year or older. Doesn't matter if it's still in use, the vehicle can keep using it (just like customers can keep using designs they licensed after I retire them), but I no longer see it unless I uncheck the "Show Only Active" box or click on "Refit Old Designs".

One of the main goals of the revisions to the factory systems is to make the players produce ALL components for their vehicle designs. Meaning that you'll need to make an engine, chassis, and gearbox in a factory before (or on the same turn) that you produce a vehicle. This is automatically assumed in current builds of GearCity, but the end goal is to have you manage that.

Your idea of discontinuing the production of designs but allowing them to be used in active designs is counter to the end goal and what is assumed currently.

A filter option would be a much better idea. But we'd need major improvements to the UI library to do that. Those sorts of bounties may come after various UI improvements are funded.

But really, I don't see the need to keep 50+ year-old designs sitting in the system. End the production, have the game tell you if you made a mistake, and give you the option to correct it there. If anything, we're encouraging you to make the database more efficient by removing items we have to run calculations on. Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
[$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 05-06-2022, 01:26 PM
RE: [$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 03-24-2024, 12:19 AM
RE: [$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 03-25-2024, 05:37 PM
RE: [$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 05-05-2024, 02:55 AM