Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[$400] #218 | End Production Mk2
I was thinking about this tonight, and what I'd really like is a way to mass-retire old components. What do I mean by that?

Often, I accumulate old designs. Right now it's 1960 and I have all these 1947-ish components cluttering up my components list, and a few dating back to the '30s. A few of them are still in use (military contracts that keep getting renewed, that one mid-50s vehicle that I accidentally assigned an old chassis, a vehicle that's obsolete but chasing the #1 all-time sales spot, etc.), but I don't want to use any of these old designs in anything new (even in my 1954-ish refresh, I didn't want to use them), and while I offer them for licensing, I also offer my mid-50s designs for licensing, so there's no reason to continue offering these other than the time it takes to discontinue them.

As written, this one and #226 (https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4074) would help, but often I don't necessarily want to stop production of my military money-maker or that Oldsmobile with an accidentally-old chassis that still sells, I just want to not be able to select the old ones anymore. Whether it's still in production by an older design, I don't really care.

Thus, my proposal for components:

An option to mass-retire all engines/gearboxes/chassis of a certain year or older. Doesn't matter if it's still in use, the vehicle can keep using it (just like customers can keep using designs they licensed after I retire them), but I no longer see it unless I uncheck the "Show Only Active" box or click on "Refit Old Designs".

It might not work for every playstyle, but IMO it would be a big improvement over the current "End Production", "Yes I'm sure/oh whoops it's in use" workflow. Although, I probably do design too many components, but that's part of the fun of the game. I just need the equivalent of a dishwasher to help clean up the dishes from all the engines I've been cooking up.

Messages In This Thread
[$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 05-06-2022, 01:26 PM
RE: [$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by JC_Denton - 03-23-2024, 10:29 PM
RE: [$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 03-24-2024, 12:19 AM
RE: [$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 03-25-2024, 05:37 PM
RE: [$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 05-05-2024, 02:55 AM