Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$300] #152 | Database Cleanup
Price: $300

Description: GearCity's main driver is the SQLite Database. It is the central host of most of the data in the game. It even handles some of the formula calculations.

Over the years, stored data has come and gone. But in some cases, some of that data hasn't completely vanished. Instead, it still resides in our database.

This bounty will go through the data stored in our database and remove anything that isn't used or needed. Some minor database optimizations might also occur.

Ideally, this should decrease save game size and reduce turn times slightly. The degree of which can only be determined by what we find and omit from the database.

Requirements: None

Required By: None

Concerns: The main concern is that removing some of the data will not have a noticeable impact on the save game size or turn time processing.

There is also a risk of introducing more bugs to the system.

Eric's Opinion: This backend work will hopefully improve the game's performance, but there is a risk that it won't do anything for the end-user. It cleans up the database a little, making it easier for me to navigate.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
[$300] #152 | Database Cleanup - by Eric.B - 04-12-2022, 10:47 AM