Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Problems taking over another company
Hello,

I took over one of my competitors. I notice the following problems:

1. I get a lot of warnings about hamperred research. It seems i took over all the AL research project, however i can't finish them. I have added my savegame so you can look it up.

2. The AL have designed a lot of chassis/gearbox etc. and i spot them in my R&D department. However, i can't use or cancel them. This makes it a bit complicated in order to spot my newest components etc. Also, it would be nice if i could choose to hide discontinued components.

I hope 1.09 will be out soon! Really looking forward to your improvements!

Greetings, WaterlandBaits

Also, i noticed some strange AL behavoir:

- Having factories in America, exporting cars to spain at a costs of $600 each. Not very cost effective.
- Researching too many projects at once. R&D is important, however designing something like 20 engines while only selling 3 body styles is not very effective.

Also i think maybe the distribution system is not working correctly. I have got 6 factories in Europe. All my factories are producing a mix of cars. In theory (i guess) they will first deliver to the city it's standing in. However, I'am paying transportation costs in all my cities. I guess this could have something to do with London. It is truelly sucking up my supply, selling over 8000 cars each month. You could look it up in my save.

Attached Files
.rar   Darrazia.rar (Size: 924.88 KB / Downloads: 359)
I start working on GC again full time tomorrow.

The AI has been going through a bit of changes, with the new system in manufacturing, etc, it is sort of operating out of wack.

I did take a log at your db and didn't see any companies bought... I didn't run it in game or use my normal program for looking at db's, I will look at them tomorrow when I get working.

As for the AI shipping, I wrote that part of the code before I boosted transportation cost. Perhaps I should narrow the branch placement field in the first few years until shipping cost become less...

Distribution should work in this order: Highest Priorities First, Highest Prices Second, Closest Third. I will be looking at the code here soon as someone else mentioned this as well...

Sorry If I glazed over any other questions. I'm Juggling a few things at the second. I'll look deeply into these issues tomorrow morning. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Everything mentioned here has been addressed, however in fixing some of these issues I broke the AI and now turns go really slow...

So I've spent the last 3 days trying to fix that. Stress Testing AI is a slow process. Anyway all fixes will be added to the next build.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski