Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: [FIXED]Problems taking over another company
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I took over one of my competitors. I notice the following problems:

1. I get a lot of warnings about hamperred research. It seems i took over all the AL research project, however i can't finish them. I have added my savegame so you can look it up.

2. The AL have designed a lot of chassis/gearbox etc. and i spot them in my R&D department. However, i can't use or cancel them. This makes it a bit complicated in order to spot my newest components etc. Also, it would be nice if i could choose to hide discontinued components.

I hope 1.09 will be out soon! Really looking forward to your improvements!

Greetings, WaterlandBaits

Also, i noticed some strange AL behavoir:

- Having factories in America, exporting cars to spain at a costs of $600 each. Not very cost effective.
- Researching too many projects at once. R&D is important, however designing something like 20 engines while only selling 3 body styles is not very effective.

Also i think maybe the distribution system is not working correctly. I have got 6 factories in Europe. All my factories are producing a mix of cars. In theory (i guess) they will first deliver to the city it's standing in. However, I'am paying transportation costs in all my cities. I guess this could have something to do with London. It is truelly sucking up my supply, selling over 8000 cars each month. You could look it up in my save.
I start working on GC again full time tomorrow.

The AI has been going through a bit of changes, with the new system in manufacturing, etc, it is sort of operating out of wack.

I did take a log at your db and didn't see any companies bought... I didn't run it in game or use my normal program for looking at db's, I will look at them tomorrow when I get working.

As for the AI shipping, I wrote that part of the code before I boosted transportation cost. Perhaps I should narrow the branch placement field in the first few years until shipping cost become less...

Distribution should work in this order: Highest Priorities First, Highest Prices Second, Closest Third. I will be looking at the code here soon as someone else mentioned this as well...

Sorry If I glazed over any other questions. I'm Juggling a few things at the second. I'll look deeply into these issues tomorrow morning. Smile
Everything mentioned here has been addressed, however in fixing some of these issues I broke the AI and now turns go really slow...

So I've spent the last 3 days trying to fix that. Stress Testing AI is a slow process. Anyway all fixes will be added to the next build.